It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:58

New Topic Add Reply
Post 13 May 2023, 18:22 • #1 
Master Guide
Recent build for a customer in Colorado, one of my Ondawa Black S2 Fiberglass in 7'-9" 5/6wt 3pc.

Built out to customer spec's:
Snake Brand/Lemke .640 Down Locking Seat with a Maple Insert, Cigar Grip, Pac Bay XB Stripping Guide, followed by Snake Brand Originals and matching Snake Brand Tip Top. I wrapped it with Pro Wrap 343 Burgundy Nylon and trimmed with Pro Wrap NCP 325 Fire Red. I actually wanted to keep this one.

Thanks for checking it out.

Post 14 May 2023, 16:30 • #2 
Let me say, this rod is even more beautiful in person. wJude was very accommodating and we talked for over an hour on what I liked in a rod, wrap color, cork etc. It’s my first down locking reel seat and I’m a big fan. The cigar grip is by far my favorite, fits in the hand perfect it’s feels great.
Its my second big jump into fiberglass and Im digging it. First go around wasn’t so good but I’m glad I tried again. It was literally the action and length I was looking for.
wJude gave me some line recommendations, and he was on the money.
Took this rod to a local Stillwater since all my rivers are in run off. I do a lot of float tube fishing to get away from the crowds. I use to use a 10ft 4wt for distance casting but I’m pretty much selling that now haha. A lot of my fishing is pupa intimations just under the surface and both lines had no issues at all. Even tossed out a size 6 unweighted streamer with no issues.
This rod is a keeper and I have a couple other lines coming in to try as well. I’m thinking real hard about another rod in this series.
Thank you wJude

Post 15 May 2023, 07:39 • #3 
Master Guide
Good to hear that the build met expectations! Enjoy your time fishing it and Thank you for ordering one.

Post 15 May 2023, 10:19 • #4 
Master Guide
Nice work on that one Bill! Cool seat hardware. I've cast this taper as my brother owns one. It's about as versatile a configuration as you'll find in glass. The fit and finish on all Bill's rods is among the best out there.

New Topic Add Reply