It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:55

New Topic Add Reply
Post 24 Aug 2021, 08:22 • #1 
This rod looks alot like my Fenwicks, but I can't find much info at all on them, Canadian company from Toronto maybe. The blank looks alot like my FF858 color and all, but this one is 8'6" single stripping guide and a metal ferrule with an o-ring. Of course the label is worn off but to me feels like maybe a 6 or 7wt..

Any info would be most appreciated! And it's nowhere near as dark brown as the pics look!

See below for pics:

Post 24 Aug 2021, 13:04 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
that is really interesting.
Algonquin Blanchard assembled rods in the Canadian market for Fenwick, since apparently importing the completed rods wasn’t cost effective. So there are lots of rods labeled Algonquin Fenwick floating around (especially here in Canada) and they are usually identical to their Fenwick counterparts except for carrying the additional ‘Algonquin’ stamp.
This one is a bit different though - it’s clearly a fenwick blank, but I’ve never seen a label like that before and never one with metal ferrules. Maybe some transitional period rod?

Post 24 Aug 2021, 13:57 • #3 
Administrator
Possibly a repair? The factory brown Feralite blanks were always tip over butt glass ferrules.

Tom

Post 26 Aug 2021, 14:55 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Could this have been built on one of the Grizzly Fenwick blanks? Grizzly did use Sizematic ferrules. And they produced some brown blanks.

Larry

Post 27 Aug 2021, 09:24 • #5 
Honestly no clue... I have only lawn cast it so far but it'll throw a six weight like a rocket... and not an overweighted six.. I know some of the original Fenwicks had sizematic ferrules, but whatever incarnation this is I am thinking it'll get some time for sure! Thanks for the replies folks!

New Topic Add Reply