It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:49

New Topic Add Reply
Post 23 Jun 2020, 19:48 • #1 
Glass Fanatic

I haven’t posted rod pictures for some time though I have built a few. This is the most recent build...a Haldin “Dry Fly” 710 3wt 4pc. A very nice longer 3wt with a med/med fast progressive action. Blank is a golden yellow with tip over butt ferrules.
Cork check and ferrule wraps are YLI 226 and thread wraps are YLI 02V variegated finished with spar varnish. Guides are blued Snake brand universals and mildrum stripper. Reel seat hardware is Ray Lee, reblued several times then hit with 0000 steel wool for a mottled appearance. I apologize for the poor pictures, I am clearly a poor photo person. For the true blank color, check out the earlier post by jfred17 of the same blank. He really made this blank look gorgeous. In fact, it was through him I was able to score this blank. I have been told this rod works well with a Cortland Peach DT3. Since I don’t have one, I did try most of my 3wt lines and found that a Wolff TT and Sage Quiet taper work well on it. I really need to get a Cortland Peach and compare.

Last edited by retiredfisher1 on 24 Jun 2020, 16:14, edited 7 times in total.

Re: Haldin Dry Fly
Post 24 Jun 2020, 14:46 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Awesome build, love it!

Post 06 Jan 2021, 19:34 • #3 
Sport
Very nice!

New Topic Add Reply