It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:50

New Topic Add Reply
Post 03 Dec 2006, 08:45 • #1 
Here's a couple of photos of my dad's Russ Peak for the group. The pix aren't very good, I'll try to get better ones ... you really can't see the details. For example, "Russ Peak Zenith 13083 6-1/2 1.9oz" is written on the rod, but the black ink doesn't show up against the dark brown of the rod. The aluminum tube also says "Zenith 13083 6-1/2' 1.9oz". Not sure if 13083 is a model number or a serial number for this particular rod.

He bought it in roughly 1970 after visiting Russ in Pasadena. Only used it a few times. Now my pride&joy!

Regards,

Dan

Post 03 Dec 2006, 09:57 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
a dark rod photographed on a light background will make your camera meter under expose and make the rod look black without detail. the light background dominates what the camera meter sees because its 90% of the image. try photographing this rod on a dark background. the picture will be generally overexposed but the rod will reproduce well. of course ideally you will meter off a photgraphic gray card but most people don't have one. you can find them at camera stores.

Post 03 Dec 2006, 12:15 • #3 
Master Guide
Dan, I use a grey t-shirt as a background and it works well. I would trade it all for that rod. Thanks for sharing it.

-Russell

Post 04 Dec 2006, 10:20 • #4 
I know that Peak is most well known and admired for his taper designing but I think he had a great eye for proportion and line. The flow of the grip through the reel seat is just beautiful.

New Topic Add Reply