It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:56

New Topic Add Reply
Post 29 Dec 2006, 19:43 • #1 
Master Guide
Finally finished the wife's Spruce Creek.
So here's a few pictures.
As you can see, my photo prowness leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks to Larry P for the photo inspriations (sp?)
Very smooth casting and powerful. More than I thought. Whatta think Mike?

Alan

Post 29 Dec 2006, 22:11 • #2 
FFR Founder
Great Job Alan - that is beautiful - I'm sure your wife is gonna enjoy it! Alec

Post 30 Dec 2006, 04:32 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
wow. i really like that configuration of grizzly and jungle c0ck. nice. i'm gonna have to borrow that idea. very nice work all around. mcfarland huh? jeeze. this never ends. i need an intervention.

Post 30 Dec 2006, 05:07 • #4 
Master Guide
Thank you guys. That means a lot. After Larry's pictures of his jungle caulk, I figured what the hell and the wife said go for it, so I did. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Alan

Post 30 Dec 2006, 05:11 • #5 
Sport
WOW!,

Those are works of art - no doubt! The feather inlays are very tastefully done. Are the grips seperate rings-glued and turned? I'd almost be afraid to fish those!
Really something to aspire to-thanks for sharing!

Mark

Post 31 Dec 2006, 06:35 • #6 
Master Guide
Mark, I just bought the cork, the wife decided on the pattern, I epoxied it, turned it and finished it. I'm torn on my grip as to which type I want. I was thinking on cheap cork and rattan, or taking my cork rings and cutting them so it would be 1/8" thick rings and glueing them together (using a dye in the epoxy) to give it a different effect, OR, I have some birch bark coming so should I build one of those. I think I'll do all three.
Mike McFarland if you're out there, can I buy a couple 12" butt sections and some ferrule stock to make 3 different grips.
A convertible 'glass rod. What a concept. Monday, Wednesday use the rattan, Tuesday and Thursdays, the 1/8" cork grip, and Fri, Sat, and Sunday the birch bark handle ...

Post 31 Dec 2006, 09:56 • #7 
Inactive
Beautiful work Alan. Very unique. That grip must have been a challenge to turn with all of the varied densities, but it looks great. I am sure Joni will love it. Give me a call this week when you get a chance and I will hook you up with the butt sections you need. I think that is a great idea.
Have a great New Year.
Mike

New Topic Add Reply