It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:26

New Topic Add Reply
Post 26 Apr 2007, 10:10 • #1 
Sport
Well thanks to "tonemike" for selling me one of his FF756s for big trout & dollies and "bulldog" for helping me pick out a fine glass rod for Salmon, this year's Alaska trip will be graphite free ... well I guess I'll still bring the plastic with for back-ups ;) Really not sure WHY I've used graphite for the last decade up there ... , but switching to fiberglass is better later than not at all I guess ...

The 756 ballances PERFECT with my Thompson 100 and the Hardy Richard Walker 9 ft 3 inch will work great with the Old Bogdan.

I just got the 756 in the mail today but I was very impressed with how well I could roll cast it from our entry way into the living room (I was home with a sick kid ... and yes, my wife was not home to see me casting in the house). Can't wait to get the Fenwick out on the water in a few weeks to break it in before our annual trip the fist week in August.

What would be suggestions on what to do with the new in wrapper extension butt for the Hardy ... take it out and dirty it up, or sand the rest of the grip?

Thanks to all that had suggestions for rods ... you guys are GREAT!

Mark B

aka turtledoc

"Never Underestimate the Tenacity of an Angry Chum! "

Post 21 May 2007, 11:08 • #2 
Sport
Mark,

Great outfits! I know you'll never sell it, but, if you ever wish to unload the Thompson 100, I'm your boy!

Bob

Post 26 May 2007, 13:55 • #3 
Sport
Bob -

I really like the Thompson and am eager to hear it sing this fall in Alaska ... if the Bows and Dollies will cooperate, but it isn't a reel that I "would never sell".

My Old Bogdan Model "0", a Bogdan prototype, and my first fly reel an Orvis Battenkill from the late 1980s are the only three reels I own that I would never part with. That said, I'll let you kow if I ever need a new good home for the 100. The Thompsons are an amazing reel that I personally think are smoother than a Hardy Perfect.

Mark B

aka turtledoc

"Never Underestimate the Tenacity of an Angry Chum! "

New Topic Add Reply