It is currently 13 Jul 2020, 05:42

1, 2  Next New Topic Add Reply
Post 12 Dec 2011, 04:11 • #1 
Administrator
FFR Image Uploading and Posting

Quick Start
Designed from the ground up to be as simple as 1,2,3. Most likely, you will need no instruction.
  1. Add your images.
  2. Upload your images.
  3. Insert your images in your post.

Highlights
  • Multiple image files are accepted up to a 5MB user limit. Please consider the size of your image files before you upload them.
  • Three versions are saved: a 150px thumbnail, an up to 800px by 600px post-able image, and the original, which is viewable via the clicked image.
  • The image(s) must reside on your device initially; direct upload from another site is disallowed.
  • The upload process will work differently depending on: your device, your Operating System and your browser software.
  • Images can be added one at a time, or as a set, either by selection or drag and drop onto the uploader page.
  • Previews are shown, allowing you to make adjustments to your image selection(s) before you upload them.
  • Your choice to either upload one or all.
  • Your choice to add thumbnails or regular sized images to your post.
  • For most, tapping or clicking the appropriate image size will automatically insert the appropriate code in your post at the point where your cursor is placed. Some users may have to copy the code into their post, using image tags.
  • Warning: Make sure all your images have been inserted into your message before preview, as the original codes will no longer be available. (You are still free to re-upload and insert.)
  • Warning: Please do not hotlink to FFR hosted images at any other site (such as eBay). You are free to link to your forum post.
  • Warning: Uploaded images cannot be: renamed, moved, or deleted; please plan ahead. (Of course, you may still edit your posts, should you so need.)
  • If a user posts multiple images in a topic, these images are connected when viewed as a gallery or slideshow.
  • If you do not wish to, or cannot use the uploader with your device/OS/browser combination, you can still use previous methods, such as Imgur.
  • Your use of this service is solely for images that you personally own or that you have obtained full use permissions from the image creator/owner. Substantiated claims of copyright infringement will result in us removing the image(s). Multiple infractions will result in a forum ban.

Step 1
Click the button above the smilies towards the left of the post editor:

and the tool will open:
[screenshot to be added: opened-uploader.jpg]

Step 2
Press the "Add Files" button:

select your files and press "Open" (or whatever equivalent your Operating System shows in its place):

The usual shortcuts for your Operating System apply. e.g. Ctrl+Click or Command+Click, selects multiple random files and Shift+Click selects a series of files.

If you are able to open two windows side by side, you can drag,
[screenshot to be added: drag.jpg]
and then drop the image/s anywhere on the page to add them.
[screenshot to be added: drop.jpg]

You will then end up with a screen looking like this:
[screenshot to be added: files-ready-for-upload.jpg]

If you choose an image(s) in error, you can remove them before you actually upload, either by using the "Cancel" button/s on the right for individual images, or by using the "Cancel Upload" button to remove all. You can then start again, if you wish.

[screenshot to be added: cancel.jpg]

You can upload a set of image at the same time by pressing the "Upload All" button, or you may choose to upload one image at a time using the "Start" button/s to the right of the file/s:
[screenshot to be added: upload-all.jpg]
Once that is complete, the screen will change to look like this:
[screenshot to be added: review-insert.jpg]

Step 3
If you need to, you may preview your uploaded images by either clicking on the thumbnail or the link, as shown by the red arrows above. Now you are ready to insert the image codes into your message.

Place your cursor in the message where you wish the image to appear:
[screenshot to be added: place-cursor.jpg]
Click or tap your choice of image size:

You will see the code appear in your message.

When you have inserted all your images into your post, you may use the "Preview" button to check your post. This will allow you to correct any errors or alignment issues before you "Submit" the post.

Viewing Posted Images

Clicking on an thumbnail or full image in a post will take you to a window displaying the original image. If a user posted more than one image, these images can be viewed either as a gallery or a slideshow by using the buttons above the image.

[screenshot to be added: gallery.jpg]

In conclusion
Image uploading is a service to be used in conjunction with posting in the Fiberglass Flyrodders (FFR) forums. By uploading your images, you are allowing FFR to display your images as part of the forum discussions. FFR will not use your images outside forum discussions without your written permission. While FFR is operational, we will do our best to preserve your photos as you uploaded them. However, FFR is not responsible if the images on our servers are lost or corrupted. Please ensure you retain copies of your images.

Post 12 Dec 2011, 04:11 • #2 
Administrator
[reserved]

Post 12 Dec 2011, 04:11 • #3 
Administrator
[reserved]

Post 12 Dec 2011, 04:11 • #4 
Administrator
There are four steps to posting photos here.

First, take good photos of your tackle (easier said than done). A neutral background is better than very dark or very light. Put plenty of light on the subject - outside in open shade is great. Avoid direct sunlight or patches of sunlight (the photo will be washed out). If you must, trick your camera to focus by including a big barcode near the subject (crop out the barcode later). Use a tripod if you have it. Finally, transfer the photo to your computer.

Second, use your computer software to edit your photos to a "post friendly" size. Crop out extraneous stuff from your photo. Resize the photo to no wider than 750 pixels. 640 pixels is better. Save the photo as a. jpg file, preferably at a quality where the final file size is less than 100KB. Not everyone has a high speed connection or a 20" computer screen. Smaller photos download quicker and view easier. [Make sure you save your cropped and resized photo to a new name so you don't destroy your high-resolution original - Ron.]

If you do not have photo editing software, there are many online services, which can help you. For example: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Third, see above.

Tom

Post 11 Mar 2013, 19:08 • #5 
Thank you I will try these steps and edit my post.

Steve

Post 04 May 2013, 01:02 • #6 
Sport
Hello,
Whenever I go to the Photobucket site to register an account, the page goes white before I can even type anything. Am I doing something wrong? Your advice and help would be greatly appreciated as I'd really like to add a few pics to any posts I do.
Cheers,
Steve.

Post 05 May 2013, 22:42 • #7 
Administrator
spod (Steve), I'm sorry but I don't know what could cause the problem with PhotoBucket. You can use other photo storage sites too. You can insert a photo into your post as follows:
  • Transfer your photo file to the photo storage website.
  • Copy the web address of your stored photo.
  • While making a post here, move the cursor to where you want the photo.
  • Click the Img button at the top of the editor page, then paste in that web address.

Tom

Post 27 Jun 2013, 19:57 • #8 
Sport
Goes white for me too

Post 27 Jun 2013, 21:18 • #9 
Sport
In this case, a likely fix will be to clear cache and cookies on your computer, and check that Javascript (not Java) is enabled in your selected browser (see http://enable-javascript.com ) If no joy, check Photobucket Support.

Post 19 Dec 2013, 18:05 • #10 
Glass Fanatic
Photo hosts (storage websites)

Quote:
You can use other photo storage sites, too.. . . insert a photo into your post as follows:
  1. Transfer your photo file to the photo storage website.
  2. Copy the web address of your stored photo.
  3. While making a post here, move the cursor to where you want the photo.
  4. Click the Img button at the top of the editor page, then paste in that web address.

Post 27 Jan 2014, 11:50 • #11 
Guide
Can't get pictures over to pm? I click on picture and I can't paste code to get it over to pm/

Post 27 Jan 2014, 16:09 • #12 
Administrator
Inserting an image into a PM is just the same as inserting it into a post.

I do not understand "I click on picture".

Copy and paste are functions of your Operating System, browser or application. Again, I do not understand what you mean by "I can't paste code".

If you wish help, the best thing to do is say what you are using (e.g. computer/device, Operating System & version, browser/app and version) and note what steps you are taking to try and perform the action. What did you expect to happen as a result of your action? Then note what goes wrong. Any error message? If so, what does it say?

Supply that and someone may be able to provide you with an answer and likely in the first reply. Otherwise, I suggest you carefully follow the instructions above.

Post 31 Mar 2014, 13:14 • #13 
Guide
Question? can I post on my Iphone to this site? Taking the pictures off my phone?

Post 31 Mar 2014, 13:47 • #14 
Administrator
Absolutely no reason why not but you will still have to upload your images to an image host on the Internet before you can post them.

Post 01 Apr 2014, 12:28 • #15 
Guide
Is there a direct way?

Post 01 Apr 2014, 12:34 • #16 
Administrator
No.

Consider what would happen if you turned your phone off or went out of range. Consider the bandwidth you would consume if every visitor here viewed the images on your phone. Everyone has to use some form of Internet hosting, regardless of device. The instructions above apply to everyone, including you.

Post 20 Apr 2014, 10:30 • #17 
Sport
I tried this and instead of the photos, all I got was the word "Image".

Trying to insert photos from flickr.

Any suggestions?

Post 20 Apr 2014, 11:23 • #18 
Glass Fanatic
Sea rider try using the photobucket app on your iphone, it's about as direct as you can get. You can upload the photos taken on Your phone direct to photobucket then copy the img link from your photo album I to whatever you're posting. It's how I post my phone pics and haven't had any issues.

Post 20 Apr 2014, 11:44 • #19 
Administrator
JohnMD1022 wrote:
Trying to insert photos from flickr.

I just amended your post to link to the images instead. You have your security settings set not to share these images, otherwise you would have found correct URLs in the share option. Sorry, I do not use Flickr, so cannot advise you on how to change settings.

Post 20 Apr 2014, 14:06 • #20 
Sport
Thanks ...

I couldn't figure out flickr either. Everything looked correct.

I gave up and used Photobucket, and all is well.

j

Post 20 Apr 2014, 14:50 • #21 
Administrator
Spotted them. ;)

Post 28 Jun 2014, 00:20 • #22 
Hello,
I am trying to post pictures on my iPad, but when I leave the post to copy the IMG code and then come back to the post to insert it, the post is gone, I just have the blank new topic page. What am I missing?

Post 28 Jun 2014, 00:50 • #23 
Sport
My guess is that you should have two windows or tabs open in Safari, one for Photobucket and the other for your post. Make active the Photobucket window and copy the IMG post, then click on the post window to make it active and paste the IMG code in the desired location.

Post 19 Sep 2014, 15:37 • #24 
Master Guide
You've said "click IMG code in Photobucket. This copies web address to your clipboard." How, exactly do I copy that IMG code to my clipboard? I can't see how . . . Where's the 'clipboard?' And I can't see how to transfer back from photobucket to FFR.

Thanks for the help!
Peter

Post 03 Feb 2016, 14:27 • #25 
Sport
To upload from your computer or phone I found tiny pic's works great, its quick, free, and no account necessary.

Upload file
choose size
click upload
copy and paste provided link into your post
and wah lah!

http://tinypic.com

1, 2  Next New Topic Add Reply