It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:01

New Topic Add Reply
Post 25 Dec 2022, 16:26 • #1 
Master Guide
Nick Lyons once wrote a short piece for Fly Fisherman Magazine about a West Yellowstone fishing guide from who cursed a lot, insulted him and tried to bad vibe him into fishing streamers when Nick wanted to fish dry flies.

There are a few Nick Lyons books out there, that look like collections of his magazine pieces. Does one of those books include the fishing guide from hell story? Which one?

I want it (I'm writing the mirror image, about the customer from hell). I'd love to have that story to read again.

Post 27 Dec 2022, 16:45 • #2 
Master Guide
I recall reading that story but can't remember where or when. I too had a guide once that was like that. I also understand the desire to write about the client from hell. I have heard some what I would call horror stories from guides. Surprised no one has been able to help you out with this. Hope someone is able to help--maybe after the holidays.

Post 14 May 2023, 09:23 • #3 
Sport
40 years ago flying back to Montana for work - I had the opportunity to sit across from Nick and mari were headed to Montana to fish and work on his book Spring Creek. We talked for about and hour on the flight from St. Lake to Bozeman and from Bozeman to Butte our final destinations. I will look through my Lyons Collection

After futher review of the four books in my possession, I have not been able to find the story

Gregg

Post 19 May 2023, 09:25 • #4 
Master Guide
I remember reading it in a magazine. Fly Fisherman? Thank you for trying.

Post 22 May 2023, 12:39 • #5 
Sport
There was an index for Fly Fisherman Magazine - many years ago. My copy is in the Bud Lilly Trout and Salmon Collection at MSU,
Gregg

Post 08 Oct 2023, 10:37 • #6 
Sport
It’s unfortunate that we will never get to hear the “rest of the story” from the guide.

New Topic Add Reply