It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 05:14

New Topic Add Reply
<()))>< Modern Midges
Post 30 Apr 2022, 08:44 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
As always, I'm late to the party when it comes to the plethora of angling books. I recently have been spending some time fishing over some excellent midge hatches and began to explore more and more pattern options. So, I picked up a copy of "Modern Midges" from another Forum member and wow was I surprised as to the number of excellent patterns available to pour over and boggle the mind at the fly-tying bench. "Modern Midges" written by Rick Takahashi & Jerry Hubka is astonishing. Published by Headwater Books in 2009. This bugger is worth the price of admission. Any of you folks out there that enjoy fishing midges and more importantly tying midges must acquire a copy of this book! The book also delves into some of the fishing strategies and methods used in the pursuit of trout with said patterns. Simply wonderful!
Mark

Post 03 May 2022, 16:52 • #2 
Master Guide
I have a copy. I need to sell my whole library. After a retina surgery that went badly I don't read paper anymore. I need to be able to increase font size. So for me it's digital only. Paper technology books on the shelf that i cannot read anymore just piss me off.

What is the best strategy for selling 100 or more fishing books? From The Art of Angling (80 years before Walton) to present? .......autographed Schwiebert and first edition hardbound in a box Aquatic Entomology by Patrick McCafferty. I see that last one going for $150 on Ebay.

First edition hardbound in a box Gordon Garland. Many others.

New Topic Add Reply