It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:09

New Topic Add Reply
Post 11 Apr 2022, 17:38 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
I was going through my collection of fly-tying materials. As with most of you I have collected way too much stuff. But in doing this I decided to remove a couple of things that I don't use, or I have too much of. Then I thought there might be a young person out there who is just getting started in tying and that these items may be worth that person's time. They can hack away at these things and do their best to screw up a few flies ( :) )without being worried or careless about wasting the material as they have no investment in them. No cash concern as these things are free to that young person just getting started. So, if one of you folks know of that young person who is in need of a few items to fool around with please let me know and the may have them for simply postage. Let's call postage $20.00 to the CONUS. Sorry, no off shore folks. It's not worth the dollars or hassle. The first "I'll Take Them" for a young fly tier gets'em. All I need is the postage and the mailing address. Paypal works. They are boxed and ready to go!
Mark
Geeeze.... isn't there some kid out there who needs some tying stuff? Come on folks where are they? I'll eat the postage.

The photo isn't clear. There are ruffed grouse, turkey and wood duck feathers. Some synthetics, hen hackle deer hair, egg yarn, rabbit, calf fur, musk ox and a few other items.

Last edited by Hellmtflies on 21 Apr 2022, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.

Post 11 Apr 2022, 19:35 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Wonderful gesture Mark !

Post 11 Apr 2022, 21:50 • #3 
Administrator
Give the materials to a local Boy Scout troop? There is a Fly Fishing merit badge, but fly tying isn't a requirement.

Tom

Post 11 Apr 2022, 22:20 • #4 
Guide
Check out this group: https://www.joeysflyfishing.org/

Post 17 Apr 2022, 17:36 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
jgestar wrote:
Give the materials to a local Boy Scout troop? There is a Fly Fishing merit badge, but fly tying isn't a requirement.

Tom

Strange, I have reached out to three local troops. No response.

Post 19 Apr 2022, 10:13 • #6 
Check with your Fish and Wildlife Service - they used to do kids programs on making fishing lures. On another board I'm on after a material swap we sent a huge box of materials to Fish and Wildlife.

Another group you could check would be Casting Kids they run clinics and those materials could make jigs or flies.

Post 21 Apr 2022, 13:57 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
"OK" I finally found a couple of kids in Pennsylvania that are starting their tying carriers. The material is en route! If anyone has material, they are not using, please contact me for the address of these kids. They are involved in a conservation club.
Mark

New Topic Add Reply