It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:52

New Topic Add Reply
Regal Vice Question
Post 02 Jan 2022, 11:36 • #1 
Master Guide
hey guys, i know a lot of you have Regal Vices. i just bought one with a Midge head and my handle has a bit of play to it. there is Up and Down travel in the lever due to the amount of play in the cam (?) that is running through the jaws. At the end of my handle i can measure about 1/8" of up and down travel but since the handle has a bend to it im not sure that represents the issue accurately. seems excessive to me. its a big enough gap to fit a thin washer into.
hope you understand what im trying to convey. Do your handles wobble like that?? and what is the hex in the photo for? i didn't want to go voiding my ability to return it so i didn't play with that yet.

Re: Regal Vice Question
Post 02 Jan 2022, 13:59 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
It should not be like that.Contact Regal

Post 02 Jan 2022, 14:15 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
The hex screw is a set screw to hold the lever on the spindle & cam that opens the jaws.

IF the handle AND the hub with the set screw move up & down, the set screw may just need tightening.

You'll know in an instant if it is loose by putting an Allen key in and seeing if the set screw tightens. If it does that may resolve you problem, otherwise do as the hersh says and call Regal.

Good luck!

Post 02 Jan 2022, 14:30 • #4 
Master Guide
yea, thanks guys, its the cam that has the play to it, like the hole through the jaw is just a bit big. if i could get it all apart and add a thin nylon washer between the cam head and the jaws it would probably be smoother. the hex is tight so its not just a handle issue. ill contact Regal in the morning

Post 02 Jan 2022, 17:09 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
If I am seeing your photo correctly, I have the same model Regal Medallion with standard jaws - tight as a drum, no wobble anywhere.
Surprising it passed inspection.

Post 04 Jan 2022, 06:04 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
xNYkid wrote:
yea, thanks guys, its the cam that has the play to it, like the hole through the jaw is just a bit big. if i could get it all apart and add a thin nylon washer between the cam head and the jaws it would probably be smoother. the hex is tight so its not just a handle issue. ill contact Regal in the morning

I know that I'd be interested in what they tell you so please update us after you call them.

New Topic Add Reply