It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 05:42

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Post 29 Jan 2021, 18:21 • #26 
Guide
Leapin' Lizards! I'm amazed at your dedication and artistry---Carrie would be proud--and I'm also amazed at someone completing their New Year resolution so swiftly! You must be a real Vermonter!

Joking aside, those are beautiful ties, a real homage to a lengendary folk artist in the best sense of that term.

I once had the honor of meeting Helen Shaw, another of the great female tiers, and Carrie was certainly in her class, though working in a very different kidn of tradition.

Well done!

Post 30 Jan 2021, 07:30 • #27 
Guide
Congratulations in conquering such a masterful objective , maybe now plan yourself a trip to Upper Dam this spring and dunk a few in the pool , paying homage to the creator at Camp Midway on your way in ... Or out ? Very nice presentation !!!

Post 04 Feb 2021, 01:40 • #28 
Guide
That is just overwhelming to look at! I am so envious of your skills to tie all those so well, really cool.

Post 04 Feb 2021, 15:05 • #29 
Glass Fanatic
wow that's impressive.. well done !

look forward to your fishing reports ;-)

Post 05 Feb 2021, 16:41 • #30 
Glass Fanatic
At first glance i thought it was a pic of a poster or art work.That is simply amazing!

Post 12 Feb 2021, 14:06 • #31 
Guide
Any thought given to shadow-boxing these? Making them available for fly-fishers to hang in their dens etc? I know I'd pay to have such a treasure, and I bet there are others who would, too, especially in New England where Stevens is still a legend. Not to go all commercial on you or anything! I can also see the appeal of a shadow-box with three or four of the nicest, for those on a budget. Or for display in a tackle store or a library/gallery/craft show near where Stevens worked in western Maine. Easy for me to say--I'm not the one tying them! But perhaps you're retired and are looking for a worthwhile project?

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply