It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:38

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Post 06 Apr 2020, 16:49 • #26 
Glass Fanatic
Yeah i love the beads too.I also tie tiny jigs for my wife and grandson on barbed hooks they can tip with bait.They usually outfish me.I do need to work on my casting,did some lawn casting today.A big bass bug is like casting a marshmallow and hard to keep track of especially with 50-60 feet of line out.

Post 06 Apr 2020, 17:26 • #27 
Glass Fanatic
I prefer to fish unweighted nymphs without an indicator using Kelly Galloup’s drop shot rig. I only use beadheads for dry and dropper fishing.

Post 13 Apr 2020, 15:13 • #28 
Glass Fanatic
I have some 1/4 inch diameter tungsten beads in some very bright colours I don't know what Ill use them for but you could cast a fly on a spinning rod with one of these suckers on it.

Post 14 Apr 2020, 11:49 • #29 
Sport
What's the deal with balanced leeches? Ignoring the question for the moment of how much fish actually care about the lure hanging "balanced"/horizontally rather than vertically, I tie a lot of simi-seal leech type patterns on 1/80 through 1/32 jig heads and they hang horizontally right out of the box, every time. Does the action change somehow by adding the straight pin and levering the bead out?

Post 14 Apr 2020, 14:48 • #30 
Glass Fanatic
The bead/weight forward of the hook eye does balance the fly more if it is below a float or i guess a high floating line.It will impart a different more darting action on a stripped fly built this way.I have been making these for years using cones then tung beads.

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply