It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:31

New Topic Add Reply
Rio Getter
Post 25 Jan 2020, 18:15 • #1 
Master Guide
Here is a fly I'm doing for a fly swap, I have fished this fly and panfish, Rios and bass love it. I apologize I'm a recent grad and have yet to get any feedback on a job, I have lots of time on my hands.

Re: Rio Getter
Post 26 Jan 2020, 10:19 • #2 
Guide
That one oughta do for creek bass certainly a little larger than the ones I have done. Like the hook choice though the B10s the original pattern is tied on is a scary sharp hook that jig hook your use will definitely keep it point up.

Post 26 Jan 2020, 10:55 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
For Rios I usually use darker colors such as olive and brown, though I’ll make sure to have a few trending to the orange side as they seem to imitate a crawfish that way and attract more bass. Chartreuse and bling are always good with sunnies.

I once complained to Matt Bennett, who helped develop and popularize the pattern, that I caught 20 sunnies and 2 bass on one before I ever got a Rio. They are effective, I always have some with me for warmwater.

G’luck with the job hunt!

Post 26 Jan 2020, 15:01 • #4 
Master Guide
This is for a panfish fly swap and it's being mailed to Pennsylvania so it's more for panfish than Rios. But my favorite Rio pattern is redfish crack on a #6, I'm tying some for the swap...

New Topic Add Reply