It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:17

New Topic Add Reply
Lami 4 piece?
Post 12 Jan 2023, 17:35 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
Did Lamiglas ever make a four piece 7' blank with spigot ferrules?

Re: Lami 4 piece?
Post 12 Jan 2023, 21:14 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Yes, they did. About 8 years ago, I purchased two 7’3” 4wt 4pc spigot ferruled Lamiglas blanks from a forum member who was selling them for a friend. I do not remember the forum member selling them. Apparently, this was a one off special run of 50 for a west coast rod builder. The blanks were produced but never paid for and subsequently sold off. I was able to verify this tale by contacting a former Lamiglas employee. I have had factory Lamiglas blanks in 2pc, 3pc, 6pc and 10pc. I have purchased one piece blanks from the factory and cut them into 4pc and 5pc blanks. Roy

Post 13 Jan 2023, 16:16 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Roy, thanks for the info. I found a four piece 7'er with spigot ferrules. Buyer says it is a Lamiglas honey he thinks he purchased it 10 or 15 years ago.

Post 13 Jan 2023, 19:33 • #4 
Master Guide
Years ago, Bob McKamey's Custom Tackle Supply in Shelbyville, TN used to sell some Lamiglas 4-piece spigot ferruled blanks yellow/honey fiberglass fly blanks. They were reportedly "blems" that Lamiglas cut and spigot ferruled as 4-piece blanks. There was also another tackle/rod building supply dealer that sold these in Illinois if memory serves, but I can't remember the name of the dealer.

From what I recall, Lamiglas stopped producing these 4-piece spigot ferruled glass blanks many years ago.

I had several of these blanks at one time (wish I still had a couple!), but they have been built and passed on to friends and relatives, or sold, some time ago. The blemishes were minimal or nonexistent on the blanks I had, although a couple did have a bit of bend in the tips. They made for some sweet rods! The ones I had were 6'6", 7' and 7'6", but they also had some 8' blanks.

Post 13 Jan 2023, 23:58 • #5 
Master Guide
I have a 7’3 4wt in four sections. Awesome rod and such a smooth caster. The action is “sticky” which I love.

Post 22 Feb 2023, 13:42 • #6 
Guide
A couple of years ago I bought a 7'2" 4pc. It is a smooth casting rod...somewhat of a therapy rod. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Carl

New Topic Add Reply