It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 05:24

New Topic Add Reply
Reel seat
Post 19 Jun 2022, 16:42 • #1 
Looking for suggestions for a reel seat for an 8 wt NFC Iconoglass blank with a 0.588 butt. I’ve been lurking for to long. It’s time to put up or shut up. I’ll post some pics of this one when completed. I usually build smaller trout rods, with most of them being carbon fiber. I’m slowly being convinced that glass is the way to go.
Thanks
gware

Re: Reel seat
Post 19 Jun 2022, 17:40 • #2 
Guide
There are several of the Lemke's that will fit that application

Post 19 Jun 2022, 18:29 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
I am assuming that you’re looking at all-metal seats, with a trim band for a fighting butt.

Lemkes are excellent choices if you’re looking for a high-quality seat. They are among the very best.

Custom Fly Rod Crafters sells a few more budget oriented options. I have used the A5 seat on a few builds where I couldn’t justify the cost of a Lemke. I really like it too.

Post 21 Jun 2022, 13:40 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
I had the same problem last year. You may find some info here and
here.

I found a no-name all-metal reel seat on eBay that I like a lot. Total cost with shipping was about $16. I thought it was pretty good quality for that price. Unfortunately, the seller doesn't have any in his current listings.

Post 22 Jun 2022, 14:07 • #5 
Guide
For my tastes, Alps has several nice models as well as Lemke. The locking nuts on the Lemke just scream quality. Of course I ordered a couple yesterday, so I am biased

You will love the 8wt. While heavy, it has a surprisingly amount of backbone for a glass flyrod. Really locks up both in casting a heavier line and with a fish on.

New Topic Add Reply