Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Re: NFC Buyer Beware?
Post 20 Jun 2021, 07:48 • #26 
Glass Fanatic
Like! And welcome to the forum!

Post 20 Jun 2021, 09:29 • #27 
Guide
3 ICG and 1 LMX built. 7 spinning and baitcaster blanks on order for gifts. Only issue was a broken tip while wrapping on the LMX. Probably my own fault. Replacement tip was shipped promptly. Jan in Customer Svc (Texas gal) is a gem.
Rick

Post 20 Jun 2021, 14:56 • #28 
Sport
Tried to up load a picture of the shipping tube, stout, the blanks are wrapped in bubble wrap inside. Shipping cost is $35 whether there's one rod in the tube or 5. Shipped 2 day priority mail insured. Wondering why a company should lose money or break even on shipping when they are providing me a service.

I have a pile of blanks, some for gifts, some personal use and some due to hoarding issues. One escaped NFC without sufficient scrutiny so I emailed a picture of the defect with a copy of the receipt to NFC and received a prompt reply it would be replaced. Made arrangements for my daughter to stop by and pick it up on her way back from WA saving them loosing money on shipping. The 3 ladies and one gentleman I've had the pleasure to deal with at NFC are straight up top notch folks as are the blanks. I do have a few inclusions in the glass blanks here and there, but was warned to expect some on the website. I don't think the fish notice anyway.

Post 21 Jun 2021, 07:55 • #29 
Guide
To be fair, my buddy bought a graphite blank from NFC (the 10' 5wt LMX) and it came in yesterday. PERFECT condition - no occlusions or marks of any kind on any of the 4 sections.

I will let you all know when I recieve the iconoglass replacement section (they are shipping me just the 3rd section down from the top, where the cut marks were located).

I appreciate the willingness of NFC / Edge to make this better for me.

Post 21 Jun 2021, 15:07 • #30 
Guide
My limited experience with NFC has been positive. Spoke with a fellow there - i think his name is Steve but not sure. Any way I told him what I was looking for in a rod and I ended up getting 3 graphite blanks from them. All were straight, no defects I could find. ferules were tight, and they made up great rods that I would put up against any current $500 - $700 rod. Shipping was reasonably quick and the containers as depicted above.

Post 22 Jun 2021, 06:36 • #31 
Guide
Just to close the loop here. I recieved the 3rd section of the Iconoglass blank that was messed up, and its perfect. They shipped it to me free of charge and I recieved it yesterday. Thank you for making this right NFC!

Post 13 Jul 2021, 09:56 • #32 
Master Guide
Great to see the NFC response.

Post 16 Jul 2021, 06:33 • #33 
Master Guide
I have an NFC iconglass 7’6” 4wt in natural built out by Shane Gray. It’s one of the prettiest blanks I own and a favorite rod to fish.

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply