It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:36

New Topic Add Reply
Guide repair
Post 24 Feb 2021, 19:47 • #1 
Master Guide
Well first off, it's been some time since I've posted here. Hope everyone is doing well all things considered....

So I unfortunately broke a stripping guide off my favorite rod, my yellow Heddon 8381. Now I've done a handful of wraps myself, but this being my go to rod, I'd like to leave nothing to chance and have someone far more experienced than I repair it. If anyone here could help or point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

Re: Guide repair
Post 25 Feb 2021, 01:29 • #2 
Guide
Any reputable rod repair shop should be able to help you out, I would look for a local shop since shipping would likely cost more than the repair. I had a guide replaced on a vintage Wright & McGill Feather Light by Mathew's Reel Repair here in San Antonio. It cost me $12 and he was able to match the guide and thread colors. I was very pleased with the repair.

Re: Guide repair
Post 25 Feb 2021, 07:21 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
You might try sending a PM to eastprong on this forum. He does excellent work and should be able to do the replacement and get the color right. Whether he is accepting repair work at this time I don't know, but he's done repair work for me in the past and I can highly recommend him. The only downside is the shipping costs for such a small job. Now that I see where you're located, Joe Balestrieri of Redwing Fly Rods in Fox Point, WI is at the highest level of skill and would be very reasonably priced. You can get his contact info from his website https://redwingflyrods.com/

New Topic Add Reply