It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:25

New Topic Add Reply
Post 16 May 2020, 21:16 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
As many of you know, I lost my 6 pc, Lamiglas, 7 1/2 ft, 4wt rod last year on a hike-in day-fishing trip. I have the same rod in 3 pc and 2 pc and my question is whether or not the 2 pc finished rod can be modified into a 6 pc configuration? Anybody have experience with a project like this?

Last edited by paveglass on 17 May 2020, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post 16 May 2020, 22:30 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Cut and ferrule!!

I have never made a six piece, but have turned two piece rods into four piece several times.

Post 17 May 2020, 01:59 • #3 
Administrator
Didn't the 6-piece Lamiglas have all spigot ferrules? You might consider buying the 1-piece blank and installing spigot ferrules in that. Lamiglas calls this a kokanee blank, but it is the 7'6" 4-weight blank without any ferrule.

Lamiglas still sells this rod blank in a two piece format, but I am fairly certain it is a tip-over-butt ferrule.

Tom

Post 17 May 2020, 05:41 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Tom
yep I have the Lamiglass 6 piece "Brushy Creek" which is no longer in production. It was my first build- an overly ambitious one for me, but a rod that I'll keep until I can no longer fish. some of my other glass friens prefer it with 4 wt lines.

Les

Post 17 May 2020, 11:07 • #5 
Master Guide
I had a fly rod shipped to me when I was overseas in an Embassy through the APO -- military mail.

The clowns in the mail room doubled over the 2pc rod package to fit in a mail bag and delivered an 8 pc rod.

Heddonist

Post 17 May 2020, 12:22 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
I also suggest you purchase the one piece blank from Lamiglas, if available. The fly rod blanks sold presently are tip over butt. I would call them directly. The problem, of course, is that they probably won’t ship it as it is too long, unless they are willing to cut it for you. I used to get one piece blanks from the factory every time we drove to Oregon. Got them out of what was called the “obsolete” blank section. That is no longer the case. Built a a number of multi-piece rods, including a 5pc and a 6pc. Only have the 5pc now. A 7’3” 4wt 5pc. Roy

New Topic Add Reply