It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:46

New Topic Add Reply
Post 07 Apr 2006, 03:28 • #1 
Emeritus
How do I go about "repairing" the ridging. Light sanding? Filler? How do you address a rough cork grip? TIA.

Joe C.

Post 07 Apr 2006, 09:57 • #2 
If you are talking about the light ridges, usually about 1/8" to 1/4" apart, they are usually caused by improper cleaning of a cork grip and are somewhat difficult to get rid of. what I have found does work is to get a sheet of 400 grit snpaper, or higher, and then using a piece of wood that is thin but about 2" wide, use it as a sanding block and very lightly sand until the ridges are gone. the grip will be noticably smaller when you have finished though.

When a grip gets dirty and needs cleaning, regular warm soapy water will do the trick, and alcohol, used with a soft cottn cloth will clean them very quickly as well.

Post 08 Apr 2006, 03:52 • #3 
Emeritus
I usually clean the grip with soapy water and a washcloth. Never had a problem with that. The rods in question are a couple of older glass rods that have this ridging, though the cork looks fine and is in good shape. I'll try light sanding to see what I can do with it. On one rod a slight paring down of grip size might be a good thing.

Joe C.

New Topic Add Reply