It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:17

New Topic Add Reply
The Light Tent Setup
Post 29 Mar 2009, 22:56 • #1 
Administrator
Last night, along with taking photos of gear, I took a few photographs of my light tent and thought that I would share how easy they are to build. I found a step by step tutorial on Mojorizing's Yuku profile which was a big help.

I ended up gluing the the PVC pipe frame together for ease of setup and store it under our bed.

This plastic bin holds the legs, four lamps, king size white sheet, four 100 watt CFL light bulbs in the natural white color, and a hanger to hold the paper in place.

Light on top and both sides with a fourth light that I can place wherever more light is needed.

These lamps cost about $8 a piece at your local hardware store. Bulbs are $8 for a two pack.

I like that you can clip them wherever and the heat from the bulb won't burn the sheet since they are CFL bulbs.

Use the cheapest white sheet you can find. No reason for 2000 thread count here.

All set up and ready to start popping shots!

The results. Now ... there is still much for me to learn on the effective use of the light tent but I'm having a great time and it certainly takes a better photo than me using my leather ottoman and reading lamp as a studio. HA ...

The Light Tent Setup
Post 29 Mar 2009, 23:52 • #2 
Master Guide
... do you have any idea what would happen to me if my wife caught me using our sheets for that ... and if the heat from the bulbs singed them, well, let's just say the reel would be stuck in a very dark place ... OUCH!

The Light Tent Setup
Post 30 Mar 2009, 01:34 • #3 
Emeritus
What a straightforward, inexpensive approach. Nice.

Did you shoot these photos of your new light tent under a much larger light tent? Image

The Light Tent Setup
Post 01 Apr 2009, 00:41 • #4 
Emeritus
Cameron -

Neat set-up ... you should copy your original post and add it to the pinned thread at the top of the reels page about photo set-ups.

Mark B

Re: The Light Tent Setup
Post 20 Jan 2022, 14:47 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Thank you again for sharing this Cam!

New Topic Add Reply