It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:25

New Topic Add Reply
Bristol No.67 fly reel
Post 09 Mar 2023, 14:02 • #1 
I recently came across some vintage fishing Rods and Reels, I know nothing about what I have so wanted to get some opinions on some of them, please....they are as follows; Bristol no 67 fly, Ocean City Fly Reel 76, and 378, precisionbuilt Silver Moth, Martin Trophy SD89, Pflugere medalist by Shakespeare South bend 1142, Shakespear noris no.2111, and a Roddy 310. any info and value would be greatly appreciated. :) :)

Post 09 Mar 2023, 15:26 • #2 
Administrator
Welcome to the Forum!

That is a long list of reels. In general, it is best to use the forum search in the upper right corner of the page. Most of these reels have been discussed in the past.

For value, your best resource is to look at completed auctions on eBay. To be brief, I doubt any would break $100, even in like new condition in the original packaging. In typical working condition, $10-50. Not working, $5 for use as parts.

• Bristol no 67 fly - a common reel, much discussed
  • Ocean City Fly Reel 76, and 378 - also common, although the 378 is a nice color
  • Precisionbuilt Silver Moth - an interesting mechanism with plastic and metal parts.
  • Martin Trophy SD89 - larger reel with a disk drag
  • Pflueger Medalist by Shakespeare - there were many sizes of the Medalist. The markings "by Shakespeare" were put on the later reels.
  • South Bend 1142 - inexpensive, small red clicker reel
  • Shakespeare Noris 2111 - a Japanese made version of the Young Beaudex reels
  • Roddy 310 - a Japanese made clone of the Hardy Lightweight reels. Much like the similar Heddon Daisy and Berkley reels.

Tom

Post 09 Mar 2023, 15:42 • #3 
Thanks

New Topic Add Reply