It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:41

New Topic Add Reply
Post 10 Oct 2022, 19:16 • #1 
Sport
Hello all, hope you're enjoying some fishing.

On the way via the auction site is another Orvis, of which the seller knows and understands little. As above, Battenkill Mark III, size 3/4, click-pawl, Made in England, and I suspect it's a fairly late version. The Orvis name logo is on a black center. The "BATTENKILL 3/4" is above of course, "Made in England" at bottom. Polished or chrome line guard, and the spool release is offset radial, not the plunger push down type. Tapered cylindrical handle and matte black finish, not dark grey like my 5/6.

The case, assuming it is original, may be a clue as to the year. The logo is the angler at left with rod overhead in arc over large "Orvis" over "BATTENKILL" over smaller "MARK III" , "MANCHESTER VERMONT" around bottom on forest green cover with zipper.

Mark III and 3/4 together seems different than I have seen before, but with so many revisions and manufacturers, I am unable to even guess. It's a little used reel, and as long as it is under 4 ounces it will suit my purpose.
Without photos, what does anyone make of it?

Thanks as always, Charlie

Post 10 Oct 2022, 20:11 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
For what it’s worth, my Battenkill Mark III was purchased in 1982. I no longer have the reel, so unfortunately, I can’t check any details. Hope this helps a little.

Post 25 Oct 2022, 14:29 • #3 
Guide
Mismatched set. That reel case is from an earlier version, sold in the eighties. Your 3/4 with the black "Orvis" button is a later reel.

New Topic Add Reply