It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:01

New Topic Add Reply
Post 21 Jul 2022, 18:28 • #1 
Guide
So, when should a One-Pfoot be need. If the reel does not foot the seat at all or?

I recently came into a great deal on an Orvis Madison 4/5 with spare spool, could not pass it up. It fits well on the rod I plan to mate it to. However I can see a bit of daylight between the barrel and reel foot, so that tells me the contact points are the two ends. Once the uplocking seat is screwed snug the reel is solid.

Post 21 Jul 2022, 18:42 • #2 
Master Guide
A lot of the original Pflueger feet are that way...not just on the 1492. The One Pfoot is good for cap and ring applications.It sits flush on the seat. This makes it better fitting in general for a lot of reel seats. If yours is a screw lock and it tightens up it's probably fine.

Post 22 Jul 2022, 05:33 • #3 
Guide
First off sorry for the typos in my original post.

@allegheny - Thank you for the reply, that is what I needed to hear, and why spend the extra money if not needed. I got a great deal on the reel and extra spool, the One-Pfoot cost is 1/3 of what I paid. Yes it is an uplocking screw lock.

Post 24 Jul 2022, 13:40 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
If it is secure, fish it. That gap is always annoying to look at, and in some reel seats, they tend to move around a bit, usually it is not enough to be unusable, but annoying. If the reelseat handles the reel well, just use it.

Post 24 Jul 2022, 16:19 • #5 
Guide
Yep it's secure Carlz. Decided there is no need for the One Pfoot.

New Topic Add Reply