It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 10:50

New Topic Add Reply
Post 27 May 2022, 17:58 • #1 
The title says it all. I would like to pick up a Concept 1. Does it have a different drag system than the Concept 2? I am looking at a 58 right hand retrieve.Thanks.

Post 28 May 2022, 06:06 • #2 
Piscator
Concept were package starter combos.
Condept 1 is die-cast with a simple adjustable click-pawl.

See below - same reel internal set-up came up on Concept 1 ebay search - but the identification may have been incorrect.

However, note also, the photo below also says Concept 1, and it's very clearly symmetric-check click-pawl with cam tensioner.

Last edited by bulldog1935 on 28 May 2022, 11:13, edited 3 times in total.

Post 29 May 2022, 08:50 • #3 
I have a Concept 2 58 that is click and pawl. I saw an ad that says Concept 1 was disc drag, cork? Do people get Concept 1 and 2 mixed up with System 1 and 2. I am still very confused, sorry. This is Concept 1 off E Bay. Is it a disc drag? Does not look at all like my Concept 2 click and pawl.
That second picture is dark but I have been looking at it and it does look like a clicker but reminds me of my first good quality reel, a Cortland Crown II that had 2 fiber triangles that were positioned different directions for RH or LH retrieve. At least I think that's what I am seeing. I am a novice at identifying and explaining how they work but I am still learning. I spent most of my early formative years with spinning reels, my father taught me to stream fish with Red Ball hip waders, a Mitchell 300 and 6 and a half foot spinning rod, #6 Eagle Claw snelled hooks and a can of night crawlers. It was quite a challenge to learn fly fishing by myself then reading books. I am still learning but much better today thanks to the internet, sure beats the 80s!
I also have a hard time on this forum with the format. I CANNOT reply to my last post but have to EDIT it to add replys!!! I am not use to this style and it confuses the HELL out of me. Just my opinion.

New Topic Add Reply