It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 06:36

New Topic Add Reply
Post 16 May 2022, 23:48 • #1 
I have a Shakespeare Ausable 1864 Model GD that has absolutely no drag. It has a drag knob on the back plate to turn for more or less drag but on the inside it appears the cog
disc or whatever was there has disintegrated. Any suggestions how to fix this or photos or diagrams to show what it's supposed to look like or how it works would be appreciated.

Post 17 May 2022, 07:05 • #2 
Piscator
https://reeltalk.orcaonline.org/viewtop ... ble#p91948
Note the last photo - the panic button pushes a bronze spring into the spool. It also has click-pawl that can apparently be disengaged.

Post 17 May 2022, 16:46 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
I miss seeing pictures of these old reels. The Green AuSable reel is one of those neat looking old reels.

Filson, you found two of the neatest old reels (the AuSable and the 1900 steelhead perfect clone). Happy fishing.

Post 17 May 2022, 20:27 • #4 
I don't have the Canadian Inglis version. I have the long drag plate but am missing the big round drag toe on the end. The off center button on the back when engaged puts the reel into free spool mode. Does anyone know if the drag toe is replaceable without popping the rivets off the plate. Or where I might find nos parts.

New Topic Add Reply