It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:42

New Topic Add Reply
Martin 67a reel foot
Post 06 Jan 2022, 23:18 • #1 
Does anyone else have a issue with a Martin 67a reel foot being too thick to fit in the seat ?

Re: Martin 67a reel foot
Post 07 Jan 2022, 00:18 • #2 
Master Guide
I can see how it might be too big for some reel seats. Luckily, I haven’t had an issue with the reel seats I have used with it.

Post pics?

Post 07 Jan 2022, 08:18 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
I see it as the reel seat too dainty to fit the foot, but either way, like USA Pfluegers, they may not fit some seats. Not unique to Martins but to trends in reel seat design, especially as cast, machined, and composite parts became more common. Easy solutions: different rod(s) with larger diameter pocketed seats, common on classic 'glass. These same seats are commonly available and suit any 'glass rod. Thus, changing the reel seat is another option. Easiest of all, another Martin 67 or MG series reel with the machined aluminum foot, and install that. One or the other then becomes a parts reel.

Post 07 Jan 2022, 08:25 • #4 
Piscator
Foot screws are on the same centers as Medalist.
You can install a OnePfoot with a set of custom spacers
Measure the inside distance between the side plates and contact whomever is providing OnePfeet these days.

Post 07 Jan 2022, 09:51 • #5 
Thanks for the information guys. My fly rods are all old school glass. A Fenwick 75, a Shakespeare 1240, Shakespeare 1330 T and a few Eagle Claws. I’ll try to swap out the foot and I think it would be ok on the 1240 or the 75. When I picked up the reel I didn’t think about the reel foot at all so I learned something at least. I only have two reels at the moment that are mounted with screws so I’ll check those out. Once again I thank you all for the help and God bless

Post 07 Jan 2022, 10:09 • #6 
Piscator
one more to show, this is the Martin-made Orvis 1915 - Martin MG-7 also came with this alloy foot.
It's possible to find beater parts reels.

New Topic Add Reply