It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:04

New Topic Add Reply
A new to me JW Young
Post 12 Jul 2021, 15:35 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
I have had a Pridex for a while and it was getting lonely so I found it a friend. A Beaudex Gently used classic I love these reels!

Here the two are together.

Re: A new to me JW Young
Post 12 Jul 2021, 15:44 • #2 
Guide
Just for the record, what size are those reels?

Post 12 Jul 2021, 15:49 • #3 
Piscator
the smooth-finish Pridex was only made after the war for a couple of years - classy reel.

Post 12 Jul 2021, 16:11 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
They are 3 1/2 inch reels

Post 25 Jan 2022, 17:15 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
So I started to get the JW Young itch again and started looking. I got lucky with the first two and was thinking I got a great deal on a third a Condex...well it arrived today...kinda...The box looked a little big, but oh well...turned out to me not good. Inside I found a box that was crushed and open...looks like it was smashed and the reel fell out or was taken out. The original box has my shipping address printed by a computer...the outer box has my shipping info hand printed...no explination, no paperwork just the wrecked box inside the other box...so no reel

Well its easy to get my $$ back...but I didn't want the $$ I wanted the reel...oh well back on the hunt...

Post 26 Jan 2022, 02:20 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Your tenacity is infectious Bloodhound.... that last line you wrote... truer words...

Post 26 Jan 2022, 15:48 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
I failed to mention that there have been other issues over the last year and a half with the deliveries...I do think they have been local issues...a rat in the system in our delivery area. I know of neighbors who have stuff shipped to a store front in town that is in the business of shipping and receiving...I have been having more and more items delivered to my office...wish I had done that with this reel...I think someone's husband got a nice reel...

Meanwhile my money has been returned...so I am whole, less the time on the hunt....as my uncle the car dealer used to say...its all paint and iron and another one is just around the corner

Post 26 Jan 2022, 19:56 • #8 
Glass Fanatic
I used to place Trout Unlimited or other fishing related return labels on items I shipped. But, now use nothing on the package to indicate fishing related.

Hard to do with rods.

Barry

Post 10 Feb 2022, 17:18 • #9 
Glass Fanatic
Well the USPS struck again...this time my neighbor. He was supposed to get a Ross Reel, he got an empty box just like mine. He said there was crushed packaging inside but no reel. I just finished a letter outlining my incidents and he took my letter and his to the Regional office and is hoping they will investigate.

I am convinced it is the mail carrier...his was "Delayed" and 2 days late like mine and the address was hand written. I am also forwarding the complaint to the local Police. I would love to get this stopped...it seems to be ramping up.

Post 11 Feb 2022, 08:06 • #10 
Piscator
It will be a federal crime when they catch him. You might want to contact the FBI.
They accept internet fraud and password blackmail attempt complaints online - it might be just as easy to report mail theft.
They also have instant access to USPS records to find the pattern.

Post 06 Feb 2023, 17:43 • #11 
Guide
A former Asst Regional Director of the FBI (Baltimore) once explained to me that the Postal Inspectors are the primary investigators for problems of this sort. The

Post 07 Feb 2023, 07:49 • #12 
Master Guide
Yes... report it to the Postal Inspectors. They seem to have a reputation as a serious and effective law enforcement organization.
(I'm a retired USPS letter carrier.)

https://www.uspis.gov/tips-prevention/mail-theft

New Topic Add Reply