It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 04:33

New Topic Add Reply
SA2 drag adjustment
Post 04 May 2021, 12:11 • #1 
Sport
I am quite sure this is a topic that has been discussed before ( I'm not absolutely sure I wasn't the one who started the thread) but I cannot find the answer in my search query or in any of my downloads. What is the process for adjusting the drag on a SA 2 reel (the internal adjustment not the exterior drag adjustment knob) I know its relatively simple but I just can't find it anywhere. Thank you

Re: SA2 drag adjustment
Post 04 May 2021, 19:41 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
I'm not sure there is any internal adjustment ?

I used to know this in detail but haven't done it for years.
Basically undo the screws that hold the top drag plate.
Turn exterior knob 90 deg to release top drag plate.
Then I don't remember if the exterior knob unscrews or if there's another screw under there, to release.
My guess is when reassembling it might be possible to screw the exterior knob another turn or two, to tighten it up ?

My cryptic notes to myself say,
beware the black drag adjustment knob - remove carefully, that small ball bearing for the indented adjustment marks likes to drop out.
the spring behind may also come out.
when replacing, five clicks beyond the usual minimum setting, to line up everything

It would probably be fairly clear once you're actually in there.. let us know if troubles, would have to go and take mine apart to be sure..

Post 05 May 2021, 14:02 • #3 
Sport
I found the original post and answer and thought I would share it, it is really simple

1) Put drag knob at lightest setting, straight up 2) take spool off 3) remove brake retainer (slightly curved piece which holds everything in place, held in with 2 small screws) 4) turn drag nut in (clockwise) a slight amount and note where the index mark is on the nut. 5) put brake retainer back on and test the drag, I needed to tweak mine twice to get the desired drag. Obviously if you go too far simply turn the nut counter clockwise to reverse the process. I am very mechanically challenged but once it was explained even I was able to do it correctly.
Hope this helps someone

Post 06 May 2021, 08:34 • #4 
Guide
Yes it does!!!
Thanks for posting!
Chad

New Topic Add Reply