It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:05

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Re: Cabelas CR-67
Post 23 Nov 2022, 19:06 • #26 
Master Guide
Outstanding find Ron. I like how that Rogue has a finger lever for drag adjustment sort of like lever drags on big game trolling reels. Also I never knew FinNor made reels for Cabelas. Very interesting!

I spent an hour digging around and finally found a FinNor i purchased 30 years ago (no 4.5 w/anti reverse). I purchased it during my Columbia sturgeon days part of my life (early 90s) and caught several (including a few over 7 and 8 ft, a small article in F&H News was published on it) with a Fenwick Ironfeather 8' 14wt rod i found in a discount bin at the Spokane White Elephant sporting goods store for $79.

A couple years ago I found a mint Fenwick FF9012 that I feel is a better fit than the graphite 14wt. Just havent made it a priority to give the rod a workout.

Thanks for posting the exhaustive info on your reels!!

Re: Cabelas CR-67
Post 23 Nov 2022, 21:34 • #27 
Piscator
Thanks Mike, and congrats, that's a beauty A/R reel.
Just to keep the train, here is the link to my Rogue reel post on the previous page
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67897#p417147
The lever is not quite so sophisticated as a lever drag. Image which itself is a simple bolt and nut.

The Rogue drag and lever works more like a strap wrench.
Image Image

Note a tag end of the bronze caliper is visibly attached to the drag mechanism, which is essentially piston, on the outside of the reel.
The back end of the caliper strap is attached to the piston, and the front end to the lever.
The numbered wheel is a cam that lifts the entire drag mechanism and applies contact stress on the caliper and disc inside the reel.
Pushing the lever toward the rod pushes the bronze strap away from the inside of the disc, relaxing the drag all the way to freespool.
Pulling the lever away from the rod increases the drag all the way to full lock.

Still, the drag itself is pretty sophisticated for 1946 conception and 1960 production.

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply