It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:38

New Topic Add Reply
Post 22 Oct 2019, 10:11 • #1 
Sport
I was in a Cabela's recently and ended up buying the 5/6 size. I was just curious really when I had the salesman pull it out of the display case. Fit and finish were nice especially for the $80 price. It has a nice subdued click also. Fished it most of the week while in Colorado with my grandkids!

Really my only complaint is the spool could use a bit more check to it when stripping out line. I did flip both pawls to the max position and that works OK. It is a good size/weight for the CGR 6wt I was fishing. Might have to get the 3/4 for my CGR 4wt!

I'm a Cabela's fanboy I guess! :)

Post 22 Oct 2019, 10:55 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
White River Fly Shop is Bass Pro's house brand, so maybe you're a Pro. Dogwood Canyon is another BP branding of fly tackle. Their stuff is very fishable.

Post 22 Oct 2019, 13:16 • #3 
Piscator
very likely the same as Tiemco reels sold in Japan.

Post 23 Oct 2019, 11:24 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
There was a thread about these earlier this year. I eventually bought both of the new reels. The 5/6 is actually big enough that I put a 7wt line on it, and I put a 6wt line on the 4/5. They are nice little line holders for what warmwater fishing that I do, along with the old Cabela's CGR II. They are not ported on one side, so it isn't as easy for bits of junk (dirt, small twigs, etc) to get in and foul the internals.

New Topic Add Reply