It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:01

Forum Guide

These discussions MUST stay on the original topic.
Please be courteous and considerate.

Only Commercial Forum members and Staff may initiate discussions here - everyone may reply

New Topic Add Reply
Post 04 Apr 2022, 08:25 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
Steffen Brother Graphite blanks

New Steffen Brothers graphite blanks now available. We combined the original Steffen tapers & mandrels with our IM6 graphite blend to produced in my opinion the finest casting graphite rods on the market. These are blanks with a vintage feel, but with an upgraded scrim, reinforced ferrules and in tip over configuration. Offered in two classic finishes to mimic the original Steffen Brothers graphite blanks, sanded blue, and un sanded clear coat.

My wife and I spent all day Saturday cleaning, cutting and packaging blanks, and with both my wife & daughters help Sunday we managed to get all the graphite blanks in inventory. You can see the offerings on the rod blanks page of my graywolf site - https://www.graywolfrods.com/rodblanks. I will get the Steffen Brothers website updated as soon as I can.

A couple pics

Post 04 Apr 2022, 20:04 • #2 
Guide
Dig out the Classic Orvis low modulas stuff , those look Phenomenal Shane , Thank You for all these things you’re providing , another new classic on an old classic !!!

Post 04 Apr 2022, 22:53 • #3 
Master Guide
I thought all of his graphite rods were also spigot ferrule rods? With different graphite and ferrule configuration have you been able to test them against marks graphite rods?
Just curious if you notice any difference or if they cast similar with each other.
I also see you do not rate your blanks with the dual line wt ratings that mark did. Is this just based on what you believe casts best? Would it relate across the board with marks higher or lower line wt rating?

Russell

Post 05 Apr 2022, 15:31 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks PGbuilt.

Russel... I moved them to a tip over design because spigots on these small blanks suck. These rods feel and cast much better then the old models ( Mark said the old graphite wasn't great), so I am not saying anything Mark didn't already say. Most of the blanks in graphite where not cross weighted.

Post 24 Apr 2022, 13:42 • #5 
Master Guide
the blue is paint? clear coat same color through and through, right? so many rocks and stiff foliage up here to scratch paint off a nice blank.

Post 25 Apr 2022, 09:04 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Yes the blue blanks are painted.... they don't scratch easy that for sure.

Post 25 Apr 2022, 18:04 • #7 
Master Guide
Good luck Shane. They look real nice!

New Topic Add Reply