It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:30

Forum Guide

These discussions MUST stay on the original topic.
Please be courteous and considerate.

Only Commercial Forum members and Staff may initiate discussions here - everyone may reply

New Topic Add Reply
Post 09 Mar 2022, 22:25 • #1 
Guide
Hi everyone,

Well it had to happen sooner or later. Our new price for fly lines is $79.00. We have held the $69.00 price for seven years now and the last two years have been rough on small businesses. Our costs have been steadily rising and we've tried to absorb them but the tide is relentless, so to speak, and we bow to the inevitable.

It has been a wonderful journey for Alexis and I. When we first started we had no idea how it would turn out. Imagine our surprise and delight when the idea of a small company like ours going head to head with the big guys and carving out a nice little niche for ourselves and an alternative for an underserved market. And of course we would have never got off the ground if it wasn't for good folks like you who believed in us and gave us a chance. Alexis and I want to offer a heartfelt "Thank You" to everyone reading this.

Hoping to see you at the "Bash".

Tom

Post 09 Mar 2022, 22:55 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
So glad you have brought these to market. If I can ever get one of your lines to wear out, I will gladly replace it with another.

Post 10 Mar 2022, 11:07 • #3 
Guide
At $79, the lines are still a fantastic value. Happy to support your product and your family business Tom.

Post 12 Mar 2022, 02:36 • #4 
Master Guide
Big 406 fan here .
My early Phillipson 8.5ft rods absolutely love the 406 wf7 line .

I love the “tuned” classic style taper
The slightly thinner profile with the AST coating Shoots through the tiny guides of these old phillipson rods like a champ .

Will deliver a #4 cone head bugger to spooky smallmouth with a minimum of splash .
Floats and Mends great too ..
I love the supple and smooth casting of the 406 wf than some of the more modern tapered lines I’ve tried on these rods.
I know they aren’t marketed to cast for epic distance but the WF line will sling it out there with the best of em . 60ft cast is easily doable with just a single haul and smooth shoot
If stealth presentation or slick shooting are your game than 406 is the Name.. no matter what the price!
(Not a paid spokesman)

Post 31 Mar 2022, 13:37 • #5 
Guide
406 Lines are still a great deal at $79...there may be lower costing lines out there but like the sign at the feed store proclaims, "If you want good quality oats, they are going to cost more than oats that have already been through a horse once!"

Post 19 Apr 2022, 17:13 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
No worries, Tom. We got your back!

Post 19 Apr 2022, 22:41 • #7 
Guide
Thanks everyone!

"What a long strange trip it's been" to quote some band...

Tom

Post 20 Apr 2022, 22:45 • #8 
Guide
I also can't say enough good things about the 406 fly lines. They truly bring rods to life that were never intended to throw modern, larger diameter lines. Thanks for what you do, Tom.

New Topic Add Reply