It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 05:22

Forum Guide

These discussions MUST stay on the original topic.
Please be courteous and considerate.

Only Commercial Forum members and Staff may initiate discussions here - everyone may reply

New Topic Add Reply
Post 15 Nov 2020, 13:12 • #1 
Guide
Hi everyone,

We have two new products in stock and on the website. First is the WF5F "Casting for Recovery" pink lines. We had previously carried them but will now carry them as a regular stock item. In addition $10.00 from each sale through the website will be donated to CFR to help with the fine work they do. Second item is the DVD "Trout Grass". This wonderful video chronicles the journey of stalks of bamboo from China to rod builders to the finished rods. This revised DVD includes interviews with Glenn Brackett and Hoagy Carmichael. Even if you have the original DVD this revised version adds a number of new features.

Tom

Post 27 Jan 2021, 19:16 • #2 
Sport
Tom, I have a 406 Glass WF-4F Line. How does this line differ from your usual offerings?

Thanks

Post 28 Jan 2021, 11:46 • #3 
Guide
Hi Scott,

Doesn't differ at all. We only offer one WF4F. Only other 4 weight is a DT.

The label on the spool can be misleading. The labeling on the spool is just SA's terminology for our lines.

I'm assuming you don't have a bootleg one. We have found two on eBay for I think $29.00. We don't allow our dealers to sell for less than $69.00.

I'm curious as to why you thought we had more than one variety of WF4F.

Tom

Post 28 Jan 2021, 20:10 • #4 
Sport
I forget if I bought it from this board or the bamboo board. I hope it’s not a bootleg.

The sticker that you would normally put on the spool to identify the line says:

GLASS
WF-4F

So it got me wondering if this is somehow a different taper than your listed offerings. I’ve heard so many great things about your lines that I wanted to check in with you so when ordering a 3 and a 5 I know what I’m getting.

Thanks in advance.

Post 28 Jan 2021, 22:22 • #5 
Guide
Hi Scott,

That is SA's terminology for our lines. I leave it on because it has the little sticker for the reel. You've got a good one no problem.

Tom

New Topic Add Reply