It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:58

Forum Guide

These discussions MUST stay on the original topic.
Please be courteous and considerate.

Only Commercial Forum members and Staff may initiate discussions here - everyone may reply

New Topic Add Reply
Post 18 May 2020, 21:27 • #1 
Guide
Due to the current "Virus" condition our fly line manufacturing plant has been shut down since March 15th. We are currently out of stock on DT4, DT5 and WF7 with DT3s running low. We have an adequate inventory on DTs and WFs not listed above.Production was scheduled to begin again on May 18th but I haven't heard any news yet. I just wanted everyone to know the reason we out of stock on some popular lines. We normally have a time of six weeks from ordering to shipment but when production begins again I expect that time to increase to three months.

I would suggest trying one of our dealers listed on the DEALER page for lines out of stock. Please make sure to ask them if they have your line in stock as they won't be able to order any from us.

Thanks for your patience. This is just a temporary blip for us and we have all lines on order to be filled as soon as possible.

We're just trying to get out in front of questions people may have if we have any more "out of stock" fly lines. With all the talk of businesses folding just letting you all know we are alive and well.

Tom & Alexis

Post 19 May 2020, 08:23 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks Tom!

Post 20 May 2020, 06:51 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks for the info Tom!

Post 20 May 2020, 08:08 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks, Tom. I'm planning on ordering a DT4 but will just wait. Sorry for the hit to your business.

Post 20 May 2020, 11:09 • #5 
Guide
Tomah wrote:
Thanks, Tom. I'm planning on ordering a DT4 but will just wait. Sorry for the hit to your business.

Hey Tomah, thanks for the support. We're doing OK - minor setback on the road of life.

We'll make an announcement when inventory builds back up.

Tom

Post 23 May 2020, 18:00 • #6 
Guide
Yo Tom - thanks for the update. I've put 143 hours on my DT4F 406 line in the last few months. I've been running it on a variety of glass, bamboo and even graphite sticks. Next week it will get wet on the Beaverkill with some longer sticks.

tl
les

Post 25 May 2020, 12:11 • #7 
Sport
i have three of the 406 lines DT 3 and two DT4s, hope to get a DT 5 someday, great lines.

Post 23 Jun 2020, 23:04 • #8 
Guide
Shane at Graywolf recommended your DT line for his Trout Smith’s 3wt carbon rod. It’s a great pairing. Had I cast Trout Smith’s carbon earlier I’d own less glass! (OK probably not).

Dusty at ********* recommended your DT line for his 5wt Western Glass. So as I wait for that rod I’ll watch for your line in the mail.

I’ll try a WF line soon

Post 24 Jun 2020, 15:41 • #9 
Guide
Thanks for the kind words. At this point we're out of stock in DT3s, DT4s, WF4s, and WF7s. DT5s showed up as one of the last shipments from SA. We're hoping to get the rest within 2 months.

Wanted to say thank you to all the Forum members who have ordered from us and offered words of encouragement to us during these trying times. It is greatly appreciated.

Tom

Post 15 Nov 2020, 12:58 • #10 
Guide
We're finally back to having a full inventory at this point. Going forward we expect to continue to be able to keep stock levels to full capacity.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support.

Tom

Post 15 Nov 2020, 13:22 • #11 
Glass Fanatic
Good news, Tom. Was able to hop on when you received some DT4s a while back and plan to order a DT5 this winter. Much appreciate your taking care of us 'glassers!

Charlie

Post 15 Nov 2020, 16:50 • #12 
Sport
Good luck Tom and thanks for the great lines. A nice fellow on this forum steered me to them, and I now regularly use the DT3 & DT4. Luckily, the DT6 I just ordered was in stock! Keep that good stuff coming.

Post 28 Jan 2021, 19:08 • #13 
Guide
Hi Tom. I had never heard of 406 lines until I got onto this forum. The reports are very good and I would be keen to try them. It would be wonderful if you could find a distributor for New Zealand. I like your proactive approach in keeping us all up to date about your business in these uncertain times. It is obvious that your business will have a successful future. Cheers

Post 29 Jan 2021, 13:28 • #14 
Guide
The nearest dealer is in Australia, Mick Warren at Vale Creek Rod Works. If he has the line you want he can get it to you a lot quicker than I can.

We have a different approach to dealers than most. I prefer they come to us rather than trying to rustle up dealers on our own. That way we'll send them a sample to try and see what they think of them. We don't have a lot of dealers but they're all pretty enthusiastic about our lines.

I'd rather let people know what's going on with us.

Tom

Post 30 Jan 2021, 02:22 • #15 
Guide
Thanks for the info Tom. Much appreciated. Cheers

Post 13 Mar 2021, 21:09 • #16 
Guide
We're finally back to having a full inventory at this point. Going forward we expect to continue to be able to keep stock levels to full capacity.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support.

Tom

Post 14 Mar 2021, 14:51 • #17 
Good to hear Tom. I've only been out twice with my new rod and 406 line setup, but it's performed great and I'm excited to break it in more over the next month. Cheers

Post 23 Mar 2021, 09:11 • #18 
Sport
Tom I have a couple on the way. I’m really looking forward to trying them along with your leaders. Will do a write up after a couple sessions on the water.

Post 27 Jul 2021, 16:42 • #19 
Master Guide
Tom,
I ordered an Eagle Claw Crafted Glass 3WT and was wondering which weight DT line you recommend ? 3 or 4 WT?
Thanks!!!!

Post 27 Jul 2021, 20:35 • #20 
Guide
Hey Cyguy,

I would go with a DT4 . It will give you a little more casting control with a shorter cast as I'm assuming you are going to use it for. If you are going to use it for longer casts than the DT3 might be a better bet.

Nice little rods for the money!

Tom

Post 27 Jul 2021, 20:41 • #21 
I got a 5wt DT that I run on my 4/5 Steffen and it's a beautiful match. I was blown away by the single hand spey ability, snapt's, snake roll switch cast, you name it. Line is super slick and nice front taper, cast surprisingly well on a fast action rod at distances a wf would do. My only request would be something other than the moss green, sky blue or a tan/orange would be nice.

Post 27 Jul 2021, 21:54 • #22 
Guide
Hi Gander,

I actually had a poll up before we started and the lt. olive/willow color was the hands down favorite. One of the problems with switching colors is we need to order a minimum number of each line weight in both DT and WF and given the last year's woes and subsequent slowdown on the supply side we are fortunate to be able to keep our current inventory in stock. I wish I had a better answer for you but as a small business we're not in a position to change things at this point.

Tom

Post 27 Jul 2021, 22:05 • #23 
Still a bad ass line Tom, I had a grin cheek to cheek rolling down the boulder river ripping sh spey's. I remember at one point I looked down at the reel and had half a dozen wraps of line left with mostly backing showing. Definitely makes that glass come alive.

New Topic Add Reply