It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:03

Forum Guide

These discussions MUST stay on the original topic.
Please be courteous and considerate.

Only Commercial Forum members and Staff may initiate discussions here - everyone may reply

New Topic Add Reply
White India ink marker.
Post 17 Sep 2018, 07:36 • #1 
Master Guide
Hi everyone,

I just added a white India ink marker to the site and made a short video to show it in action. The pigment makes great accent or trim wraps even on black silk or nylon. No CP required. You can find the video and marker here:

https://www.proofflyfishing.com/collections/tools/products/white-india-ink-marker

Post 17 Sep 2018, 18:15 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Matt,

Are these fine enough to sign rods with? I'm looking for a Red pen to sign rods that would look like a Scott rod.

Post 17 Sep 2018, 20:22 • #3 
Master Guide
Thanks for the post. The white marker is too wide to sign a blank with. The smaller colored markers could work. What color is the blank? The white marker is opaque, but the colored ones are not.

Post 17 Sep 2018, 22:36 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
I was looking for an opaque colored ink that will show up on a dark blank. It doesn't have to jump out, but the standard pigment pens seem to just blend in.

I like the use of white marker to get a white trim band. It looks stunning in the photo.

Post 20 Sep 2018, 07:56 • #5 
Guide
Would there be any concerns about the ink running with a thinned coat of epoxy? e.g. if I thin FlexCoat with MEK or DNA, should I have to worry about bleeding on to adjacent wraps or ruined opacity? I put grips on a couple black blanks last night and am debating how I want to wrap them, this gives me some very welcome options.

Post 20 Sep 2018, 07:59 • #6 
Master Guide
You will be fine with thinned epoxy. In the video I am using spar cut 50%. I also tried the markers with thinned thread master and it worked great. When using different solvents its always a good idea to run a few test wraps under the grip section. I used DNA.

Post 24 Sep 2018, 23:15 • #7 
Sport
Hi Matt - can you get black pens with the same thickness nip as the white? I have a thin black pen from you - but its a real pain trying to colour white silk with it. The thick nib would work perfectly.

Post 25 Sep 2018, 07:24 • #8 
Master Guide
Hi Damon,

I do carry a brush tip marker in black. Its not as wide as the white, but it makes coloring thread quick and easy. https://www.proofflyfishing.com/collections/tools/products/india-ink-pen

New Topic Add Reply