It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:47

Forum Guide

These discussions MUST stay on the original topic.
Please be courteous and considerate.

Only Commercial Forum members and Staff may initiate discussions here - everyone may reply

New Topic Add Reply
Post 04 Apr 2016, 12:48 • #1 
Master Guide
After doing some insert turning for another builder, I have decided to offer my services to those rod builders that would like more offerings when it comes to the different types of wood and finishes available from the known suppliers.
I have a decent stock of wood in many different species: Thuya, Bubinga, Paduk, Walnut, Cherry, Maple, Mesquite, Honduran Rosewood, Chechen, Black Ash, many of the pieces are burls. I also have access to several lumber companies if you are looking for a specific species of wood that I do not have on hand.

I can turn inserts for any of the round barrel hardware, like Lemke, LC-1, LC-5, GS-1, LC-14, REC, Batson BUL-5. The only option I cannot do at this time is a mortised insert. The inserts can be ordered in either a Gloss or Satin Finish. Tolerances will be perfect. If you order for a .640 LC-1, it will fit perfect.

.375 will be the standard bore size also. Lead time is about a week or two, unless i have something already turned.

Pricing will depend on the wood, some species are much less expensive than others, Maple Burls are rather inexpensive, for a LC-14 Slide Band, figure on around $20, Honduran Rosewood, $35, plus shipping. All you need to do is let me know what brand and size hardware you have. I can also supply hardware if you want it all in one shot. Hardware will be priced the same as other suppliers retail price, plus the cost to ship it to you.

If anyone is interested, contact me via here or my website.

Post 04 Apr 2016, 13:52 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
I had wjude turn some inserts for my 3wt models which I use Lemke LC14s. I am very happy with the quality of inserts and would highly recommend ordering from him, fit my hardware perfectly and I loved the finish on them.

Dusty

Post 06 Apr 2016, 17:56 • #3 
Master Guide
I think I have 5 rods Bill has build.The inserts are top notch!

Post 06 Apr 2016, 18:24 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
I've seen Bill's work and not only is it very classy, but he's a great guy to deal with. Nice stuff Bill!

New Topic Add Reply