It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 10:18

Forum Guide

These discussions MUST stay on the original topic.
Please be courteous and considerate.

Only Commercial Forum members and Staff may initiate discussions here - everyone may reply

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Post 08 Feb 2014, 08:47 • #26 
Glass Fanatic
Cameron wrote:
Shane ... beautiful work and these will add another beautiful feature to your builds.

It's really poor form, and a lack of respect, on those trying to go behind your back to purchase these not through you.

Cameron, thanks again. I am not sure if you recall but you had something to do with these. You mentioned coming up with a new stripping guide to offer, something that would not be agate but still high quality with class. I went straight to Joel and asked him what we could do, I told him I wanted a tungsten carbide insert in a nickel silver bezel, Joel went the extra mile and made them nearly indestructible by pressure fitting the carbide ring and nickel silver bezel. I want it to be known the only credit I take for the guides is the idea, the material, and yes I wanted the rope knurl, Joel is a very talented machinist and did all the hard work as he always does for me, he is a good friend and a wonderful partner to have. The frames where made by Joe Arguello to help me get a couple prototypes finished, Joe put these frames together in one day and had them headed back to me the next. Two great guys to work with.

As far as the lack of respect, it is inevitable. In the defense of the folks that the message went out to, I was vague in the description of these guides as to if they would be sold and by whom. This is why you work with a guy like Joel Lemke, he is honest and respects proprietary parts, it's easy to understand why most builders work with him.

So, I have a nice batch of these guides now. I received allot of emails asking to purchase the guides unfortunately my cost for each guide is just over $30 so being able to offer them would just be plan hard when you can buy agate guides at $25. I have sent and will be sending out guides to some builders.

Moderator note: Please do not make two posts one after the other.

Post 03 May 2014, 02:16 • #27 
Master Guide
As a recipient of a Signature S Glass this week wearing one of these guides, I have to tell you they are beautiful on the rod.

I like these much better than any other stripper I have on a rod currently. Very classy looking.

Post 17 Oct 2014, 21:33 • #28 
Sport
I'd love to see these guides on a completed build. Can someone post some pics?

Post 18 Oct 2014, 07:53 • #29 
Glass Fanatic
TroutSnout, here are some photos of the guide.

Thanks!

Post 18 Oct 2014, 14:20 • #30 
Glass Fanatic
Really classy look !!

Pecos

Post 16 Jan 2015, 09:13 • #31 
Sport
Shane, that is some really nice work. Thank you for sharing!

Post 25 Mar 2015, 09:59 • #32 
Master Guide
I rarely, if ever, use this terminology, but in this instance I believe that the epitome has been reached in the design and execution of a stripper guide. To Shane, Joe and Joel, I say BRAVO !!! These are truly rod maker's art !!!!!!!
Mark.

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply