It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:02

Forum Guide

These discussions MUST stay on the original topic.
Please be courteous and considerate.

Only Commercial Forum members and Staff may initiate discussions here - everyone may reply

New Topic Add Reply
Post 04 Jun 2010, 22:12 • #1 
Guide
I am introducing a new series of Tenkara Fly Rods. I currently have 3 models available with more to come. You can see full details on my website -

Tenkara Fly Fishing

For the month of June, 2010 I will be happy to extend members of this forum a 25% discount. If you are interested, send me an email at

***email address removed***

and let me know you saw this on the forum.

Thanks,

Tight lines!

Post 04 Jun 2010, 22:18 • #2 
Guide
ImageImageImage

Post 05 Jun 2010, 02:18 • #3 
Master Guide
Excellent news! I'll be very interested in your "composite" series, especially since I take my rods into some gnarly streamside vegetation.

Post 05 Jun 2010, 02:53 • #4 
Guide
Creationbear,

I've been evaluating some of the composite prototypes, they are very interesting. Very slow and glass like in the way they cast and feel.

Post 05 Jun 2010, 11:16 • #5 
Master Guide
That sounds about perfect: coming from a cane/glass background I find the TenkaraUSA Ayu tremendously sweet ... it would be nice to have the same kind of action in a little shorter package. (And if you could get the blank colors to look like the old translucent tobacco glass, that would be fantastic ... though I might be asking too much.Image)

Post 18 Aug 2010, 10:05 • #6 
Guide
I'm happy to report that the 98% carbon rods are back in stock. Fiberglass/Carbon composites still a few months off.

Fountainhead Tenkara Fly Rods

Post 03 Dec 2010, 09:26 • #7 
Guide
I'm pleased to report that the composite Tenkara rods are now in stock. They came out looking very nice, if I do say so. They have a very relaxed, slow, delicate feel.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post 03 Dec 2010, 11:53 • #8 
Guide
Stupid question(s) time:
What's the benefit of the composite pole over graphite, and composite of what, exactly?

Post 03 Dec 2010, 14:35 • #9 
Guide
That's actually a good question. It was stupid of me not to provide that info so you wouldn't have to ask. The rods pictured (gloss blue in color) are 75% carbon fiber, 25% glass. The rods pictured earlier in the topic (matte black) are 98% carbon.

I wouldn't say there is an advantage one way or another. The composite rods are slower in feel. As with reeled fly rods, some folks like a faster action, others prefer a slower action.

New Topic Add Reply