It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:45

New Topic Add Reply
Daiwa service!
Post 09 Mar 2023, 15:36 • #1 
Sport
Hey folks. I recently bought a couple of Daiwa ss700 reels on the bay, to use with my grandsons. The second one came today with a broken rear cover. Rats. So I looked up how to get parts and called the company number. When all was said and done Daiwa is sending me 2 rear covers for these reels that I bought used, for free. Not even shipping expenses. I am impressed! This is very good business!
Phil.

Re: Daiwa service!
Post 09 Mar 2023, 16:16 • #2 
Guide
Same in the UK. I've twice had to get replacement tip rings (don't ask) in recent years for a second-hand Daiwa spinning rod. They were sent gratis without question - and the second time they sent me two :)

Post 10 Mar 2023, 06:23 • #3 
Piscator
Can't beat that. That's how Zebco made their mark, as well.
Lew's with a new owner carried that attitude, also, but lost it during '20 supply shut down.
Nice to hear Daiwa retains it.
Of course, the longest-running product Daiwa has out there - finally discontinued this year. Congrats on your score, as well as your parts outcome.

Post 10 Mar 2023, 10:06 • #4 
Sport
Daiwa is really good about parts. Congrats on the SS Tournaments, they're my favorite spinners next to the ABU Cardinals. My only gripe with Daiwa is they use FedEx Smartpost which can make shipping take a little bit. You may want to update the drags to carbon fiber with a light grease, additionally the worm bushing can be replaced with a bearing to smooth it out a little.

Post 10 Mar 2023, 19:34 • #5 
Sport
Well by golly I hadn't heard that they were discontinued recently. Thankfully, if I learn to love them, they will be plentiful for years to come.
As for hotrodding I expect to use them baitfishing so will just service them and leave be. If I get back into spinning I wouldn't care to spin fish lures using reels that don't close easily since most fishing will be on smaller streams with very frequent short casts. I'll use the Mitchell 408's and 908's I have. The bails close nicely on those.
Since you mentioned FedEx I'll relate my experience lately. Tuesday-4 days ago- I won a cfo iv on ebay. I received it today- from JAPAN!! I'm stunned to get a reel from Japan in 4 days. It would take that long from 1 or 2 states away.

New Topic Add Reply