It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:14

New Topic Add Reply
H & I, 7', 2pc
Post 19 Dec 2022, 10:00 • #1 
Sport
Greetings all,
I've a Horrocks - Ibbotson Co., Power Glass, Golden Rod, No.1226, 7Ft, 2pc spinner with original bag, no tube, in very good condition. Reddish brown blank, wrapped in red with green Japanned NS? ferrules and reel seat rings. All cork seat.
As I am slimming down my "collection" of rods, this one needs to go and I am interested in knowing what you folks think would be a fair asking price.
Regards

Re: H & I, 7', 2pc
Post 19 Dec 2022, 11:09 • #2 
Piscator
Photos showing the rod condition and finish would be helpful - also on topic - and might generate the interest you need.
Even an EX-condition rod is going to have modest value.
I can't vouch for that age rod, but I have a Gladding-era H-I Star that remains my favorite vintage light spinning rod.

Post 19 Dec 2022, 11:51 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
There really is no fair asking price for a run of the mill rod like that. You put it on Ebay with a 5 dollar starting bid, see where it goes, and live with the result. Or you place a FS at the lowest price it is worth it to you to bother to sell at all. Realize that good serviceable spinning rods are available new for $25 or less, often with a reel that will last longer than any interest in using it. And at a retail store, no additional shipping cost. Modest value, as Bulldog said, is--well--modest.

Post 19 Dec 2022, 13:14 • #4 
Sport
Here's some pics:

I don't remember how much I paid or from whence it came, but being vintage, I though I run it by here where there would be interest if any. Shipping is the killer and probably precludes even a give away!
Thanks for current opinions.

Post 19 Dec 2022, 15:23 • #5 
Piscator
Thanks for the photos.
That's a really pretty rod in great condition.
I would date it to the mid-50s,
You might check with Mark, wrong66, who very likely has the catalog with your rod listed.

Steve has the pricing defined - list it for what you're willing to let it go.

Post 19 Dec 2022, 17:23 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
That sure is a great looking rod. Possiby the wraps have been recoated once. I can think of at least one guy who would snap that up at a yard sale, give it a wiggle, and see if it would deliver in fishing value. I bet it would. Still doesn't give it much dollar value, though.

Thanks for showing !

Post 20 Dec 2022, 11:56 • #7 
Sport
Thanks guys. I'll try the big auction one time as suggested.
Since I have your attention, let me run this by you for suggestions. Not sure if fly, spin or what but I suspect some one out there could use it. Again, shipping is a killer but maybe this is worth enough to offset that.
41" long without caps, plastic with rubber caps and intact paper label although unmarked as to model, etc.
Thank again for you excellent help.

New Topic Add Reply