It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:20

New Topic Add Reply
Post 07 Oct 2021, 10:04 • #1 
Hello to all, I hope I post this ok as computers are definetly not my strong point. I am having a very difficult time in getting any information about this Garcia Model 2884. I cannot find it in any Garcia catalogues. I even reached out to the company itself and they recommended that I find a forum or check on Ebay. I was really surprised with this answer. I am hoping that someone can shed some light on this puzzle. Please let me know if I messed up on on my first post here. I read the guidelines but I am the first to admit I do not understand most if it. Tks Joe

[Added the pictures. Tom]

Post 07 Oct 2021, 15:37 • #2 
Administrator
Hi Joe, Welcome to the Forum!

Garcia made many uncatalogued rods, perhaps with a different paint color, different wraps, or maybe just a different label. Major sporting goods companies ordered these 'special' rods to gain a perceived advantage over the other local sellers. That model number would never show up in a company catalog, but might be on a dealer price sheet. I'm not surprised you haven't found any information.

Your rod's color scheme, black paint and black over silver wraps, was not common for Garcia. The label states "Autograph", but there is no autograph visible. Additional photos of the rod handle/grip and the rod guides would help us guess when your rod was made.

Your rod is a bait casting/spin casting rod, so I moved the discussion to the Another Spin on Glass forum. This discussion should get a little more attention here. In addition, you uploaded your photos correctly, but you didn't do Step 3, which adds the image information to your post so the rest of us can see the photo. I added your two best photos to your post.

Tom

Post 07 Oct 2021, 17:37 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Probably a stretch, but could the graph in Autograph indicate graphite?

Post 07 Oct 2021, 19:32 • #4 
Thank you, appeciate your help and information very much.You provided more information than i have been able to find in months. Will try to add more pictures now.

New Topic Add Reply