It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:12

New Topic Add Reply
Post 31 Aug 2021, 12:17 • #1 
Master Guide

If you remember, I posted some photos last October of an outing with my boys.

The drum was caught by my son Brett. He really likes that Berkley Wrangler and has claimed it as his own. However, the reel seat was broken while we were trout fishing in January. He bought a new Berkley Cherrywood but prefers the Wrangler. So, he picked out a new real seat. The seat was dried out old black plastic. The fore and rear grips are new too.

Once the epoxy has set, we’ll wipe off the factory dust and seal the cork. The decal isn’t so happy but he doesn’t care.

Post 31 Aug 2021, 21:12 • #2 
Piscator
Congrats on the successful repair. It makes the rod even more his and more special.

My older daughter did something similar with 4-1/2' Airex solid glass and 1937 Luxor half-bail.
She took it under her wing as her own creek fishing combo.
She got very good at fishing without anti-reverse - all on her own.
She could hold the rod and reel handle in one hand, and handle the fish with the other.

Big gaspergou are a hoot.
I've caught 8- and 10-lb'ers on fly rod bottom-bouncing in the cove at my sister's (former) ********* lake house.

My younger daughter with her stringer of catfish and white bass caught off the dock. .

Post 01 Sep 2021, 15:46 • #3 
Master Guide
bulldog, that time spent with the kids means the world. My son is looking for more gaspergou. He sure is glad the rod can be used again.

New Topic Add Reply