It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:39

New Topic Add Reply
Post 25 Nov 2020, 11:00 • #1 
Sport
Sorry, no pictures but I'm hopeful somebody here might be able to give me a hint.
So back around 81' I found a 6', light action glass spinning rod in the bottom of a local pond. It was beat and had some damage on the butt but I rescued it anyway. I cut the butt back a few inches and rewrapped it with recoil style guides. It became a favorite and my go too spinning rod for the next decade until it eventually blew up on a hook set. Long story short, the markings on that rod were erased with the rebuild 30 years back (along with a good portion of my memory :-) What I remember about the rod is that it was an inexpensive model, and had a unsanded dark red/maroon, 2 pc blank with a metal ferule. I'm thinking it was a Berkley or south bend or ...... Does anyone here have any ideas of what I should be hunting up to do a replacement build?
Any thoughts appreciated.

Post 25 Nov 2020, 15:04 • #2 
Piscator
Berkley Cherrywood?

Post 25 Nov 2020, 16:39 • #3 
Sport
Thanks for the reply. I keep thinking that but every Cherrywood I've seen to date has a smooth blank and tends to be brighter in color. The rod I had was unsanded and a deeper , near translucent Maroon. I don't know if they were the same/available in the 70's though.

New Topic Add Reply