It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 05:45

Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 New Topic Add Reply
Re: Any Threadliners?
Post 23 Apr 2020, 00:38 • #76 
Sport
bulldog1935 wrote:
answering out of turn, that's definitely a Langley SpinFlo

Aha, a little bigger then, beautiful none the less.

Post 23 Apr 2020, 08:53 • #77 
Piscator
I keep vacillating, trying to size the spool and screw heads and compare - it may be a Spinette 850B - you definitely nailed the Langley.
Good call.
I had a spinning reel collection going at one time until I decided that was collecting too much - since selling the balance, only kept the ones I couldn't possibly let go and fit one shelf in my curio.

Except for the space shuttle Altex and workhorse Penn, the reel that impressed me most for smooth function and balance is the Luxor. These continued into the '70s as the Crack, and still have an offshore following. The big Sagarra in the back left is still made in Spain today in that original form.
My older daughter took over my '37 Luxor on this Airex rod - note the older reels have no clutch or anti-reverse, and add a new skill element.

Post 23 Apr 2020, 11:12 • #78 
Glass Fanatic
yep, that's the Spinlite rebadged.. the Spinflo is 250 yards of 4lb, significantly bigger than the 150 Three.

here's a pic from ORCA, side by side,

Used the Spinlite schematic when I was cleaning it up and it matched exactly..

The antireverse is unusual. All the references I found said it used a bit of rubber which would perish, so the antireverse wouldn't work. But that bit of rubber isn't in the schematic. So, I found another way to make it work, a small satisfaction ;-)

Post 24 Apr 2020, 13:25 • #79 
Glass Fanatic
took the not-glass Shimano One Trout out to the stockers, can report it's a terrific rod, just being stiff new graphite it doesn't respond to the wiggle test.. once throwing actual weights it performs well, tosses a 1.5gram spoon way out. Interestingly even with the quick graphite and optimized guide system it doesn't get noticeably better distance than my old 6wt glass built as a spin rod..

pond had some weather over it,

stockers were there and rising to midges but ignored most of my offerings, got bumps but no hookups for the most part until falling back to the electric shad on 1/32oz jighead..

when it got dark and the crowds thinned a bit, snuck over to the main lake and picked up a couple walleye on a white marabou jig. Last year the shad spawn was hit by a couple freezes so this year the walleye are skinny poor things..

the XUL rod is perfect for these small walleye, can get an actual fight out of them.. ha

Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 New Topic Add Reply