It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 06:28

New Topic Add Reply
Post 11 Oct 2008, 10:42 • #1 
Master Guide
I was looking at my fathers old spinning rod this morning while cleaning out the attic. The rod in question is labeled; 'Lifetime' and Heddon is under that and stating "stainless steel guide wraps" ... I'm curious about this rod? The tip has been broken off and a ceramic tip is now in place. The rod now is very stiff. But, its pop's ol' spinning rod and I was curious if anyone has heard of that model. Thanx fellers ... Ray ...

Post 11 Oct 2008, 14:14 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Yep they made verisions for fly rods, spinning rods and casting rods I know of. Actually I believe at the time they were Heddon's finest rods in their lineup. However the Stainless Steel wire wrapped guides did not catch on and the series was soon dropped. The only model Ive cast was a fly rod version and it seemed extremely stiff to me, I attributed that stiffness to the presense of all the guides being wrapped in Stainless Steel, but I could be wrong.
Richard

Post 13 Oct 2008, 08:31 • #3 
Guide

A Heddon "lifetime" fly rod that I had was made of tubular steel. It too was a bit stiff and I attributed it to the steel..
Try taking a magnet to yours to see.
I had a Heddon Pal Mark IV 8.5 foot #8 with the stainless steel windings and gave it to a buddy who had Muskies in his neighborhood, so he could put the metal to them. It wasn't very stiff but was kind of heavy, even for a glass eight weight.

-Vinnie in Juneau

New Topic Add Reply