It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:32

New Topic Add Reply
Post 09 Oct 2008, 15:03 • #1 
Master Guide
Well, maybe. I haven't made the case against this rod by trying it yet. It just sets here and I glower at it. I have a PLS70 Fenwick G serial number that I think highly of. My favorite spin, at the moment. On e-bay I bought a PLS70 and I thought I got quite a deal. However, it is a Taiwan, single foot guide job. At the Glassic last spring I saw some single foot guides that were very flexible, titanium, molybdenum, or some such material. Bend then down and they would spring right back. These are metal and have some sort of insert in them. Otherwise the rod looks like a Fenwick, butcher string, same color. The upper cork is loose and spins around. Have to figure out how to re glue it. What is this rod made of? Glenn

Post 10 Oct 2008, 00:35 • #2 
Piscator
is it brown? there is a very good chance it's the same blank as a Fenglas.

Post 10 Oct 2008, 02:19 • #3 
Master Guide
Yes. In color, it matches the Taiwan rod. Both the body of the rod and the wrappings. The original rod, being a G is a 1966-67. Which makes it a 1st. gen, and I like the action. The Tai- is thicker at the crossection in all areas except the tip where it is smaller. It is also 4in. longer. Pretty rod, except for the single foot guides and the loose cork. Glenn

New Topic Add Reply