It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:10

New Topic Add Reply
Sagarra '47
Post 06 Oct 2008, 01:37 • #1 
Piscator
My last historic reel to show you. Big reel - salt water. I have my dad's old True Temper boat rod to match this.
The first skirted-spool spinning reel, made in Spain right after the war. This is the second-year model, 1947
This is really a very good reel. They love this reel so much in the Med, Sagarra introduced a retro Classic version of the 47 during the 1990s.
Image Image Image Image
http://www.sagarracarretes.blogspot.com/

Sagarra '47
Post 07 Oct 2008, 03:47 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Bulldog,
Once again you have amazed me with the reels and knowledge of same you bring. This spinning reel is an eye opener and a true classic. I have enjoyed your depth of knowledge immensely, especially when it comes to those fabulous Youngs, now I want to see what you pull out of your hat next. Respectfully RV Reclus

As a post script is ORCA the only on-line site for good historical information on reels?

Sagarra '47
Post 07 Oct 2008, 04:02 • #3 
Piscator
the best thing about ORCA is the ability to search the bulletin board - they have done a great job of keeping that database going through php viruses, with data back to Sep. 2003.
Most of the historic information I have posted on this forum page came from previous discussions and links that I searched on ORCA Reel Talk.

A good engineer doesn't know the answer to everything - he just knows how to find it.

Sagarra '47
Post 08 Oct 2008, 01:11 • #4 
Guide
Ron, it looks very much like a Bache Brown to me. Which one came first, the Bache Brown I think?

Sagarra '47
Post 08 Oct 2008, 02:07 • #5 
Piscator
The Luxor predates the Sagarra, but this big reel is a closer relative of the Centaure and Ru Mer
http://orca-online.org/v-w ... n/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7089

The reason the Bache Brown looks like these other French reels is that is a product of the license to Airex to build Luxor reels in the US.

New Topic Add Reply