It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:51

New Topic Add Reply
Post 30 Sep 2008, 02:03 • #1 
Guide
Thanks for starting this!
Now I don't have to feel funny posting pictures of my non-fly vintage glass gear on the regular board.
While not as nice and fancy as some of the other stuff that is and will be shown here, here's a fiberglass Garcia Ambassadeur bait caster I picked up early this past summer at an estate sale. Came with a Penn Peerless No.9 casting reel. The reel was in A++ condition, but the rod has about 1" missing from the tip, but was very nicely repaired. Paid a whooping $20.00 for both. I already posted pictures of the Penn reel. Here is the rod:

Thanks Again,
Tom

Last edited by Scooter2022 on 30 Sep 2008, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

Post 30 Sep 2008, 16:22 • #2 
Master Guide
I'll second a great big thanks to adding a section where fg spinning rods can be discussed. I have my favorite Fenwick PLS70 and I think so highly of that rod that I never worry about dropping it overboard as I am convinced that it will "walk on the water, right back to me." I got it at a flea market for $5 and after finding out how it fished, I begin a search for another one. Got to have two. They can command quite a fair price on ebay, going for up to $80 or so. I finally got one for $23 and so now have two. On a recent couple of fishing trips, I used it, in addition to the fly rods as I do like the spinning rod experience. Just more variety and ways to fish. Glenn

Post 01 Oct 2008, 07:41 • #3 
Guide
A big thank you from me too! I know a lot of us fish with these old glass spinning rods & reels and collect them as well and love seeing photos of them and the tackle and the results. I love my old Airex Air Glass rod matched with my Bache Brown Mastereel 3.
Image Image

Sometimes if the conditions just aren't right, too windy, etc I turn to my old spinning rigs and this was the result recently on Vermilion Lake, Minnesota. A good Northern Pike caught on a rooster tail spinner.

Post 01 Oct 2008, 09:36 • #4 
Piscator
very nice.

Post 07 Oct 2008, 13:36 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Ditto on all the above. I haven't been on the site much in the past couple of months, and now I see all this great stuff! Excellent!

Post 08 Oct 2008, 00:59 • #6 
Emeritus
Great spinning gear guys, and Mike, nice big Toothy!

Post 08 Oct 2008, 01:06 • #7 
Guide
Kevin, that was my first Northern (man, do they explode the water!) and in fact I caught several "firsts" up there, the Northerns, walleyes, yellow perch, all firsts for me. Saw loons and moose, also firsts for this Southern boy. Good trip.

New Topic Add Reply