It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:05

New Topic Add Reply
St. Croix Fiberglass
Post 31 Mar 2010, 11:31 • #1 
Hello all. My name is Ryan. I have a question about a rod that was given to me a few weeks ago. It was my girlfriends grandfathers. It is a St. Croix F-1110 7' Fiberglass/thru rod.
All I could find out about it is that it was only made in 1975 saltwater rod. I think it is in great condition. The cork is still real soft. It is not damaged in any way. I think it was only used a few times and then sat in the garage since then. I am wondering if it is worth anything? Here are some pictures I took of it.

I would like to thank you anyone in advance for info and advice on what I should do with it. Thanks, Ryan

St. Croix Fiberglass
Post 31 Mar 2010, 12:22 • #2 
Administrator
Ryan,

Welcome to the Fiberglass Flyrodders! St. Croix made a whole lot of spinning rods over the years. I'm not sure from the photos, but yours appears to be a one piece rod. You could sell it, but you probably wouldn't net much more than $10-20. You can't buy a new rod from WalMart for that. The rod is more valuable to you as a fishing rod. Your best option is to take it to the water and fish with it.

Tom

New Topic Add Reply